Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
July 31: Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype
Hyped books tend to be popular books, or is it popular books tend to be hyped. Either way, I’m going to share ten books that I heard so much about that I ended up reading them and decided the masses were correct, it was a damn fine read.
Ten books that lived up to the hype.
- I feel this book needs a caveat as I read it well before I heard much about it and was one of the ones contributing to the hype about this book. It continues to be one of my favorites and recommendations to patrons.
- I didn’t jump on this bandwagon until something like book four or five but it was indeed as good as I was lead to believe, at the time, at least. Last time I tried to pick the series up for a reread I couldn’t get into it.
- I think most of the hype I heard about this series revolved around the tv series. Not having access to HBO I decided the book is always better anyway and read it. Wow, it was great up until the last two books which turned me off the series. I don’t care anymore.
- Not the first book I picked up because of the hype but the first one I read due to its popularity at my library. I ended up consuming the series over a two-week period. If you haven’t read it I would still recommend even though I don’t plan on rereading it again.
- This was a book I learned about from TTT lists. I remember seeing it so much and having it recommended to me that I tried reading it and fell in love with John Scalzi. I need to read this one again soon.
- Another title that kept getting recommended to me on Goodreads or through TTT lists. It is all kinds of amazing and most definitely worth the hype!
- This one was recommended during the Fifty Shades of Grey mania a few years ago. This one lives up to the hype where the other does not in my opinion.
- This book was worth the hype and I feel bad that I lost interest in YA titles. I might go back and try to pick up the series someday…
- I remember seeing this one pimped all over the material we receive at work. I read that it was about a girl named Amy from Iowa that saves the world and was hooked. I did see that it is going to be made into a tv series and I’m on the fence as to if I’m going to watch it or not. I’m a little sore at FOX for canceling Lucifer…
- I remember this book being hyped about through the TTT lists when I started blogging. It was sold to me as for Big Bang Theory fans as it is essentially Sheldon in love. For me, it lived up to the hype many of the patrons at my library were less enamored with it.
Another week another list. What books have you read that lived up to the hype? Share in the comments!