Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
August 7: Books You’d Mash Together
I kind of love the idea for this week’s list! I’m going to put a bit of a twist on it however. I’m going to select some of my favorite series or trilogies that I would love it if the authors got together and did a crossover story with characters from both worlds visiting each other. Something like that Marvel does where you get Ironman and Thor or Guardians of the Galaxy and Doctor Strange team up to have an adventure. Alright let’s see what awesome story ideas we can make up.
Ten Series Crossover Ideas
- Love at Stake & Argeneau: These two series are my favorite light and fluffy chick-lit vampire series. The Argeneau is still an active series but Love at Stake is finished so maybe some of those characters could show up in one of Lynsay Sands books. Could be fun.
- The Dark Hunters & The League: I thought this might be a fun crossover being that both series are written by Ms. Kenyon. We could have The League discover Earth and interact with the Dark Hunters. I’ve also always wondered how all the Gods and goddesses would influence a mulit-planet system.
- Night Huntress & Chicagoland Vampires: These author’s writing style remind me of one another. Perhaps Bones and Cat can take a trip to visit Merit and Ethan in Chicago.
- John Scalzi & Andy Weir: This is the only exception to this week’s list. Weir has only written/published two books neither one a series and Redshirts was a stand-alone for Scalzi. They also have a slightly different writing style but what they do share is a great sence of humor and I’d love to see what they could write if they teamed up.
- Charley Davidson & Mercy Thompson: It might be because I’m currently rereading these books in audio format and they are narrated by the same person but I think these two series might be fun for a crossover. In Jones’s world there is only angels and the grim reaper for paranormal elements what would happen if they learned there were also shifters, vampires, and fae, oh my!
- Blackdagger Brotherhood & Guild Hunter: I almost pared up Ms. Ward with another author but at the last-minute I remembered Singh’s series (which I keep meaning to return to…) and thought they would be a great fit.
- Immortal Guardians & Dark Hunter: I have alway thought the Immortal Guardians series reminded me a lot of the Dark Hunter series so for the purpose of this list why not pair them up and see what happens!
- The Hollows & Alpha & Omega: I wanted to match Ms. Harrison’s Hollows series up with someone because I thought it was such a great series but I struggled to find the right fit. I think the Alpha and Omega series might work because of the character Charles. He is such a stoic character that it might be fun to see how he handles interacting with Rachel and her crew. Jenks would drive him mad, I think.
- Blackdagger Legacy & Midnight Breed: Decided to match Ms. Ward’s spin-off series with the Midnight Breed world because the two world seem like they would work well together.
- Dark Ones & Jane Jameson: Returning to lighter hearted paring for my final selection. Both of these authors have great senses of humor and tend to write wacky female characters that would be fun to see interact.
I tried to pair up authors and series that would compliment each other either in plot or in writing style. How about you? What series would make good crossover novels if their authors teamed up?