Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
July 25, 2017: Series I am giving up on.
There comes a time when we all have to face facts, tastes change. We evolve as readers and books or series we once enjoyed might not work for us anymore. Or perhaps too much time has past and we don’t remember what is going on anymore. Whatever the reason sometimes we just stop turning to authors or series we once enjoyed in favor of something shiny and new. Below are ten series that I am removing from to-read list today. I’m not saying that I will never consider picking up the next book in these series but it is becoming more and more unlikely. It was fun while it lasted but it is time to move on.
Ten series that I am putting out to pasture.
- Broken Heart Series: This was such a fun series that I enjoyed once upon a time. The author is quite funny and the series was hilarious at times. I was keeping up with this one and then the author didn’t publish any new books for a while and I moved on to other series. I tried to go back but the book I attempted just didn’t work for me and so I fell even further behind. I need to just own up that I probably won’t be returning to this world. Weeded.
- Jane True Series: Read the first book in this series and just never got around to picking up the second. Now I don’t even remember what happen in the first book. Time to let it go. Weeded.
- Midnight Breed Series: This one pains me to say goodbye to. I really enjoyed this series and it is still the best example of a series reinventing itself that I’ve seen. Another case of I didn’t get review book and put off requesting and Inter Library Loan to keep up and then I see that many of the next works are actually novellas inside anthologies. I’m afraid I just don’t have the time to keep track of what book I need to request anymore. Goodbye dear friend. Weeded.
- Mark of the Vampire Series: I think this is a case of the author moved on without me. She hasn’t published a book in this series in some time. So I don’t feel too bad about letting this one go. It was a great series while it lasted. Weeded.
- Dragon Falls: This one I feel a tad bit guilty over. I was gifted the first two books in the series and then bought the third… I read the first one and attempted the second and it just didn’t work for me. I think it might be time to break up with this author in a case of it isn’t you it is me. I’m not into the fluffy fun paranormal romance as much as I used to be. Only a few authors do I actually enjoy anymore. Weeded, but not deleted from my Nook I might go back some day with this one.
- Half-Moon Hollow Series: I’ve tried time and time again to request review books in this series and have been turned down repeatedly. Not big deal except that it means the series doesn’t often make it into my reading priority list, top that with the need to request the books through inter library loan through my library and it means that I am now three books behind in this world. I’m giving up. No mater how much I enjoy the series it obviously isn’t a priority for me and I’m going to move on. Weeded.
- Throne of Glass Series: This was a kick-ass series and so popular that I could never get my hands on it at the library. So I waited and waited and now there are two or three books out and I don’t care anymore how it ends up. So I’m moving on. Maybe someday when the series is done I’ll come across them while thrifting and pick the series back up again. Weeded.
- Scanguards Vampires Series: I DNF one of these books a long time ago and meant to pick up the next in series to see if the story still worked for me. Didn’t happen so now its time to let this world go. Weeded.
- Accidentally Yours Series: I think I might own at least two of the remaining three books in this series…. I’ve not made time to get to them and I don’t think I ever will. I enjoyed this one while it lasted but it fell victim to too long of a wait between releases. Weeded, but not deleted.
- Outlander Series: Several people have recommended this series to me. I’ve not started it and I probably won’t ever get around to reading it. Why? I’m not a huge fan of historical romance and there are a ton of books in the series and they are all bricks. My reading pace has slowed down considerably. I hate to say it but a thousand some page book by an author I’ve never tried before just isn’t in the cards for me currently. Maybe I will look into this one as an audiobook selection from my library. Weeded before even starting.
There you have my list for this week. What series have you moved on from recently?