Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
September 25: Books By My Favorite Authors That I Still Haven’t Read
I think the challenge of this week’s list is going to be limiting it to just ten titles… I’m going go down my most read author’s list and select some releases from their lists that I have not read yet but really should have.
Ten books by some of my favorite authors that I haven’t read yet.
- I was gifted the first two books in this series. I read the first one and then struggled through a third of the second book before DNFing. I already own this and the next book so I hope that my mood shifts and am able to give this trilogy another shot.
- The last book in the trilogy that I bought without trying the first books… I am determined to finish this someday.
- Another book that I own yet haven’t read yet. This one isn’t as shameful as it came out this year. I might hold off on reading this title until the next book is released and read them back to back.
- This is a tough one. I love Ms. Kenyon but her latest books haven’t worked as well for me in this series. I wanted to read it but didn’t want to be disappointed. This series doesn’t work well for me to read back to back because she has a tendency lately to repeat so much that it is almost like reading the same story twice. I kind of wanted to wait long enough so I forgot what happened in the last book…
- Again a case of not wanting to be disappointed. I might even have a book to read before this one. I’m just not sure when I will feel like returning to this series.
- All of that being said I still picked up the latest release by Ms. Kenyon. I really need to stop doing that… Now I feel even more pressure to read the others I’m avoiding.
- I was turned down for this ARC that’s ok. I bought it anyway and proceeded to not read it.
- I was so sure I was done with this series. I love her paranormal books so much that I kind of want to try again. Maybe I will have to inter-library loan these books.
- What I said for number eight applies to this one.
- This is a case of I waited so long for the next of series that I simply gave up. Now all the books are out and I’ve forgotten so much that I really need to go back and read the first three books again. Maybe I can listen to them in audiobook format. The problem is that they are so popular still it is difficult to get your hands on them through the library. Maybe I will make the effort this winter.
Another week another list! What books have you not been reading by your favorite authors? Share in the comments or link to your own list!