Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
November 20: Thanksgiving/Thankful Freebie
This week’s list isn’t going to be book-centric. I’m going to simply list ten things I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving.
Ten things I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving.
- My Husband: After 23 years of marriage I continue to be grateful for my husband. He has expanded my world, supported our family, and loved me at my best and worst. I am an extremely lucky woman to share my life with him.
- My Cats: I spend most of my time with my cats they are my family and friends. They make me laugh, bring me comfort, and give me unconditional love.
- My Birds: Like my cats, my birds bring me such joy. I love spending time with them and watching their antics.
- My Home: Husband and I are very fortunate to own our home and it is something for which I am eternally grateful. We love the peace and solitude that living in the country brings. Along with the opportunity to have a big garden and livestock.
- My Friends: Thought I wish I had more who I was closer to relationship and distance wise I am extremely grateful for the friends that I do have. There isn’t anyone that I call a friend that I do not trust or feel comfortable being myself with.
- Star Trek: This franchise has brought me much joy over my life and been a way to connect with the memory of my mother.
- Surviving Cancer: Like any person diagnosed with cancer I am eternally grateful that I survived cancer. I am very fortunate that my cancer was found early and was easily cured.
- Books: Despite my lack of reading these past few months I continue to be grateful for books. They are my favorite form of escape.
- Libraries: Not only does a library employ me it also provides me free access to technology and books. Libraries will always be an asset to every community in which they belong.
- The Internet: While it can be a huge time suck the internet has become an invaluable asset in my life. It allows us to remain connected to friends and family, near and far and stay informed. It also allows us to seek out the truth and learn new things every day. The internet is a tool for which I am grateful.
What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?