Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
November 6: Backlist Books I Want to Read
Thanks to Goodreads I know exactly how many older release books I have yet to read. For this week’s list, I’m going to put a caveat on the topic and the books must be at least 10 years old. I’m not going to simply pick the oldest titles on my shelf but share titles that I’m in the mood to read right now.
Ten older books that I’m interested in reading.
- 1962 : This book is being rereleased and I have a review copy that I will have hopefully read before this posts… That being said it is an interesting looking mystery set in Istanbul.
- 2006 : I have the first couple of books in this series and its spin-off. I keep meaning to start them but haven’t worked very hard to make time for them. I believe this is an urban fantasy vampire series.
- 2005 : This shifter series looked interesting so I picked up the book used a while back and again never made time for it. Probably will start the Chance series before this one.
- 2005 : I picked this book up recently when I went to a John Scalzi signing. I had been meaning to inter-library loan it but the opportunity came up for me to own a signed copy so I took it! I’m saving this one for when I’m in need of something that will probably make me laugh.
- 1976 : I wasn’t going to read this series. I wasn’t. Then my library weeded the entire series and it was offered to me. As you can guess it is now sitting on my to-read bookcase waiting for me to give it a try. I think I am only missing one book from the series so if I like it there will be no waiting!
- 2002 : This book we picked up in the same independent bookstore where I bought number four on the list. My husband was interested in it because it was a Turkish author. He liked it and I have had it sitting on my shelf waiting for me to take a turn in reading it.
- 1970 : I have tons of Star Trek books. Tons. I simply can’t pass them up when I find them while thrifting. I have even been known to buy duplicates that are in better condition than the one I own. That being said I don’t think I will ever get around to reading all of them. Partially because I don’t know where to start but also I know I’m not going to like many of them. I have thought of going through and selecting books about the characters I liked most and reading those first. Spock is definitely on the top of that list!
- 1992 : Even before I started collecting Star Trek books I had known about this book. I do believe it is considered one of the best Star Trek books out there. I have a copy of it and maybe I will get around to reading it soon. Maybe not.
- 1995 : I recently picked up the second copy in this series but am not sure if I own the first even. Since they are a series, though, I will probably start with this one.
- 2007 : I read the first book in this series a long time ago and actually like it. I keep meaning to read more but never make time for them. Maybe if I keep adding it to the Top Ten Tuesdays lists I will actually get around to reading it…
What backlist books are you interested in reading? Leave a link to your list in the comments and maybe we all can find some forgotten gems!