Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
October 30: Halloween/Creepy Freebie
I’m not a huge fan of scary or creepy stories. I’m also not a huge fan of Halloween beyond the fun of coming up with a great costume. I think I’ve done this before but I’m going to go with finding characters to dress up for as Halloween. To further put a twist on the list I’m going to select couple characters to dress up as.
Ten couple characters to dress up as for Halloween.
- Diana and Matthew: For this costume, I would pick a scholarly look for Diane or perhaps one of her rowing getups. Matthew something tailored and a bit formal looking, powerful.
- Ron and Hermione: This could be fun all you would need is wizarding robes, wands (Ron’s broken), some books, and perhaps a rat. You could have Hermione spend the evening outshining Ron and instructing him on how to do magic.
- Bella and Edward: For this costume, I would go with jeans, t-shirt and perhaps a rain jacket for Bella. Edward could wear anything highly fashionable and use foundation several shades lighter than his skin tone. I would also mix in some glitter for the sparkle that Meyer’s vampires were known for. I would also have Edward give a pained expression all night from having to deny himself Bella’s intoxicating blood.
- Sookie and Bill: For Sookie I would go with her waitress outfit and Bill could wear something a bit old-fashion and plain. What would really sell this costume would be to have Bill walk around all night saying Sookie in a southern accent all night.
- Charley and Reyes: Charley would be easy in that all she would need is a t-shirt with one of the fun sayings from the beginning of the chapters in the book. Reyes would be fun if you could find a way to simulate his incorporeal self and go around with a hidden dry ice container to simulate the mist rolling off him.
- Buttercup and Westly: For Buttercup a peasant outfit and Wesley a black pirate costume or he could wear a farm boy outfit and spend the night saying ‘As you wish’.
- Mercy and Adam: This couple costume would work for a single woman as well if you owned a dog or you could use a stuffed animal for Adam. Then Mercy could wear overalls from work or jeans and a t-shirt.
- Clare and Henry: Another great couple costume that would work for a single or someone whose husband doesn’t want to go to the costume party with his wife… Anyway, Clare could dress normally but carry around a set of men’s clothing as Henry had just shifted in time.
- Christian and Anastasia: This could be fun for a couple that has low inhibitions. For Christian, I would have him in a power suit with a red power tie. Ana, I would have dressed like she was in college and there to interview Christian. Looking kind of mousey and holding a notepad.
- Parzival and Art3mis: For these two you could dress up like their online selves or pick the offline version and wear some sort of virtual reality headgear like they were experiencing the Oasis.
What couple characters do you think would make good Halloween costumes?