Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
October 2: Authors I’d Love to Meet
I’m actually pretty fortunate that I’ve been able to meet some of my favorite authors in person. I added a page to the site called bookish bucket list and I have 12 authors listed there with four of them already crossed off. That leaves eight names for the list already so I’m going to head over to Goodreads and see who else I would love the opportunity to meet.
Author’s pictures taken from Goodreads and linked to their pages.
Ten authors I would love to meet!
- Andy Weir: I absolutely loved The Martian and have talked about wanting to meet this author before on my blog.
- Lynsay Sands: This is a Canadian author of the Argeneau vampire romance series. If you are looking for a light fluffy chick-lit read then I highly recommend this author. She also writes historical romance if you are into that instead.
- J.R. Ward: I’ve often wanted to meet this author or listen to her speak. She swears like a sailor and I think it would be a hoot! I also love her Blackdagger brotherhood series.
- Deborah Harkness: Writes the All Souls trilogy that now has a spin-off series that I’m in the middle of reading currently. She is also a professor at a California University and teaches history. I would simply love to hear her speak
- Darynda Jones: This has long been a favorite author of mine and I will get the opportunity to meet her someday. I will make it happen even if I need to travel!
- Jeaniene Frost: I really enjoy this author and would love the opportunity to have a book signed by her.
- Nancy Kress: This is a fairly new-to-me author that I find fascinating. I love her ideas about the future and would simply love to listen to her give a talk.
- Alexandra Ivy: Writes a lot of books set in the Mid-West and I’ve been a fan for some time. Her paranormal series is finished and another supernatural series has slowed down quite a bit.
- Wil Wheaton: While I’ve enjoyed his writing I kind of what to meet him more for his connection to Star Trek.
- Patricia Briggs: This is an author that I have rediscovered through audiobooks. I enjoy her series but re-listening to them has made me fall for her series all over again.
What author would you love to meet? Share in the comments and feel free to link to your own list!