Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
July 17: Favorite Novellas/Short Stories
This is a great idea for a list. I’m going to keep my selections to under 200 pages. I’m also going to try to limit the selection of books that are part of series to a minimum so that you don’t have to have read a ton of other books to know what is going on.
Ten short stories that I enjoyed.
- This is one of my absolute favorite stories by Andy Weir. It is super short and available on his website if you want to check it out.
- Another short story by Andy Weir that is also available on his website. This one has a great twist and is a bit longer.
- If you are a Star Trek fan then I highly suggest you get your hands on this audiobook as it is so much fun!
- Sticking with the Star Trek theme. Wil Wheaton who played Wesley Crusher on Next Generation has written this short story that is pretty good and available for purchase on his website.
- I know I said I would stay away from series but this is a novella that is the first book in series. It was really good if you are into shifter stories.
- This is another first in series about angels this time. I only ended up finishing three books and all of them were novellas. I should check into getting the last three books.
- This is a dystopian novella that has a great twist at the end. I even got my husband to read it and he enjoyed it!
- This book was amazing! It is the longest title on the list but it is a compilation of short stories by the great John Scalzi.
- This is another series book but is a prequel to the Alpha and Omega series. If you are going to read this spin-off series then I highly suggest starting with this one because the next book will make a lot more sense.
- Alright, this book is something like 11.5 in its series but it was a cute Christmas read featuring one of the beloved characters from this world.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s list and if you were wondering what the blog title is about it is my 44th birthday today! I’m scheduling my post so today is actually May 8th so I don’t know if I have plans or I might even be at work. Anyway, I thought I would share. Have a great week.