Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
June 25: Series I’ve Given Up On/Don’t Plan to Finish
I’m going to have to put some limitation on this list because it could quickly get out of hand. I’m going to exclude series where I’ve read only one or two books. I’m going to say I needed to have read five or more books before calling it quits. Five books demonstrates some level of commitment to the series and I will usually stick with them for longer than that.
Note: I know this published on Monday… I’ve been writing up these TTT blogs a few months in advance and must have gotten the date wrong for this week. I’m not going to redact it and re-post it tomorrow. This week I’m just a day early. Sorry.
Ten book series I’ve given up on.
- Midnight Breeds by Lara Adrian 15/23 read: This series simply became too difficult to follow with a ton of novellas showing up in anthologies where that would be the only story read. When I dedicate myself to a series I like to read all the books and to have to pick up a bunch of books for just one short story. I also started having trouble keeping all the second generation characters straight.
- Broken Heart by Michele Bardsley 10/19 read: This series was a case of waiting too long for the next book. I think the author lost the publisher or changed publishers halfway through and there was a delay in release. I simply lost interest along with too many novellas in anthologies.
- House of Night by P.C. Cast 6/12 read: I made it halfway through this series. I was never super excited about it and eventually asked myself why I was reading them. All three-star ratings.
- Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole 7/19 read: Only one of the books I read in this series made it to three stars. The other six were all two-star ratings. I truly don’t understand why I stuck with them that long. I probably bought them…
- Scanguards Vampires by Tina Folsom 8/12 read: I’m surprised I have given up on this series as I actually really enjoyed it. There was one book I DNF due to violence or something but I had planned on simply skipping that story and picking up with the next book. That never happened and I’ve simply moved on.
- Half-Moon Hollow by Molly Harper 5/12 read: Another series with tons of novellas in anthologies. Although, that isn’t what ended my journey with this series. This was a case of constantly being turned down for an ARC and then never making time for the book once it released. I eventually just quit trying.
- Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey 8/13 read: I might even own two of the remaining book in this series but I am so over YA that I don’t even care that I paid for them.
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin 5/7 read: I don’t care anymore. I’m done. Not that the sixth book will ever come out.
- V.I. Warchawski by Sara Paretsky 12/20 read: I slowly lost interest in this series as my taste changed. Out of all the series on the list, this is the one most likely to be picked up again.
- Vampire for Hire by J.R. Rain 10/29 read: This is a case of the author made me mad. He decided to not offer his self-published books through Barnes and Noble anymore and I decided to stop reading his stories.
What series have you decided to be done with? Share in the comments!