Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
June 19: Books to Read By the Pool/At the Beach
This feels pretty similar to a TTT list I wrote up recently, maybe the books and travel something or other. I know we have done lists similar to this one in past summers and I would like to post some fresh titles. So I’m going to look for titles that I would like to take on vacation.
Ten books that I’d take on Vacation
- The cover of this one just screams light summer read. A demon-hunting soccer mom? Sounds like a hoot to me. Looks like I might even have it on my nook so I could read it on my phone and save some space.
- We are going to be spending five days in Chicago this summer so why not pack a suspenseful romance set in the city! This is book two which I happen to have in paperback form perfect for reading on the train.
- This book is a brick so not really ideal for taking on a trip but the pirate/historical/paranormal/romance might be fun for a Caribbean beach. I’ll check to see if the audiobook is available with my library.
- I’ve only read one series by Christopher Moore that consisted of two books. I enjoyed them and thought his humor might be fun for vacation. After all who wouldn’t want to laugh while relaxing.
- Mr. Moore made it on to the list twice because I couldn’t decide between the two books. I believe I have the other one on hand but this title seems more fitting for a beach vacation.
- I enjoyed book one of the paranormal urban fantasy series set in Florida. They have beaches in Florida right?
- Another fun funny author, John Scalzi would be great for reading on vacation. I might hold off taking this one simply because it was signed to me when I met him in Iowa City. Yep, I name dropped.
- Maybe you are in the mood for a little steam while you have your toes in the sand. One of Ms. Day’s books should hook you up for a little summer romance that is sure to have you blushing.
- I put in a review request for this title as it looked like a lot of fun. Maybe I will be approved, maybe not but with a July 3 release date I’m not sure I can get a hold of a copy before my vacation. People visit bookstores on vacation right? Update: Turned down for an ARC, probably won’t be going out of my way to pick it up or get around to reading it.
- Chick-lit: check, romance: check, paranormal: check, humor: check this one ticks off my list of books I’d enjoy while sitting on a beach or by the pool. Sounds like fun.
There you have my list of contenders for my upcoming vacation in Chicago this summer. I’ll probably be too busy to read but a book blogger always has to be prepared for a reading emergency. Seriously, though I’ll probably take a couple of audiobooks for walking around and L riding and a paperback to read on the train into town and before I unwind before bed. What book would you take on vacation? Share in the comments.