Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
June 5: Books I Decided to DNF (did not finish) too Quickly
I’m not one to suffer through a book that I’m not enjoying so my list of DNFed titles is mighty long. That being said it wasn’t until recently that I started keeping track of the books I didn’t finish. So the pool of books to pull from for this week isn’t as great as it could be. For this list, I am going to be selecting titles that I might want to try again in the future. Perhaps when I’m more in the mood for that type of book.
Ten books that I DNFed but might try again someday.
- This was the first book by this author that I struggled with. Granted I’ve not read a ton of her work but what I have read I’ve enjoyed. I still have this book and the next two in the trilogy at home so I might give this one a second chance.
- I have given this book two shots to impress me already. Once in print and once in audio. There is just something about it that keeps pulling me back to give it one more chance. I’m not sure why. Maybe I just like the cover too much.
- I’m not the only one to DNF this title if the Goodreads comments are accurate. I must confess that I didn’t give this one as many pages to impress me that I usually do. I simply wasn’t feeling it. If I do come across it through Overdrive, however, I sure will give it one more chance. After all, Wil Wheaton sure seemed to enjoy it.
- I liked book one and book two in this series and then book three started to rub me the wrong way and I DNFed it. Instantly regretting having bought it and the next book in the series already. I might give this one another chance just so I don’t feel guilty for having bought the next book.
- I actually gave a short explanation as to why this one didn’t work. Basically, I was bored. Might work better in audio format where I can work on a project while listening.
- I felt so bad about not enjoying this book and DNF that I never deleted the ARC off my Nook. It never expired so I kept it in hopes that I would eventually finish it someday.
- I so wanted to love this book. I so respect and adore this author that I simply can’t believe I didn’t enjoy this book. It was just so uneventful and serious. I just couldn’t finish it but maybe I can try again with the audiobook if someone fun narrates it.
- I LOVE Chloe Neill! Much like the last book I can’t believe this book didn’t work for me. I love the Chicagoland Vampires series but this was just not the same. Not that it should have been but I couldn’t get through it.
- I don’t know why I couldn’t get into this book. I think it might be a case of changing reading taste. I feel bad because I have the complete series sitting on my nook waiting for me. I just couldn’t stand the fluffiness of it. Need to wait for a time when I’m in the mood for silly.
- And now for an example of why it pays to try again sometimes. I did not like this book in print format. The way the book was structured didn’t work for me. Reading a bunch of redacted government files was not my idea of a good time. When I decided to try the audiobook, however, I couldn’t believe it was the same story! There were different narrators for each character and the plot came to life. I was so into this series that I put in a review request for the last book and was able to finish it in the print format.
What books have you DNFed lately? Any titles on this list that you want to rally for me to try again? Share in the comments.