Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
May 29: Bookish Worlds I’d Never Want to Live In
At first, I read this week’s topic wrong and thought I would be sharing what worlds I would move to in an instant. Instead, it looks like I’ll be seeking out some dystopian worlds that you definitely wouldn’t want to stick around in.
Ten book series worlds I would NOT want to live in.
- No matter how much I enjoyed this world I really wouldn’t want to live here.
- And you thought college cost a lot now! Sorry, I’m not going to pay the price they charge in this world.
- Being frozen and flung across the galaxy in search of a new home and to potentially killed off enroute. I think I’ll miss that ship.
- A world where the government picks who I’m going to marry and reading isn’t allowed. Sorry, going to have to pass.
- A corrupt utopian society turned into dysfunctional monarchy where citizens are sold into slavery to prevent war. No thanks.
- A world where our lost loved ones return to us might seem like a great thing but this book paints a fairly different picture. As someone who has lost most of their family, I don’t think I could handle this world regardless of how much I would like to see my mother again.
- A world where our environment is compromised and changed to the point where human survival becomes a constant struggle. Not really where I want to be. Too bad this might be an unavoidable reality if we continue on our course.
- A postapocalyptic world where vampire/zombie-like people have taken over and the remnants of society have to live in light prisons. I’ll pass.
- A world where society is divided up into groups by genetic testing and then monitored as a science experiment. No thank you.
- Last but not least, our world. I do not want to live in a world where millions of people die because of a fascist dictator orders their extermination. I do not want to live in a world where discrimination, sexism, bigotry, and hatred run rampant. Where our leaders use fear and censorship to control us and they are owned by special interest groups. I also do not want to live in a county that puts a b-list reality star con-man in office. We can do better people and I hope to outlive the current madness infesting the world.
There you have my list for the week. What worlds would you suggest staying away from? Share in the