Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
May 15: Books I Disliked/Hated but Am Really Glad I Read
Have to be honest with you I hardly ever finish a book I’m not enjoying. Repeat after me: Life is too short to read bad books. So I’m not sure how this list is going to go but I will try and find ten titles of books I hated but finished anyway and I seriously doubt that I will be glad I read them anyway…
Ten books that I’m Glad I Finished
- I didn’t care for this one and surprised I stuck it out as long as I did. I didn’t read the last 40 pages but by the end, I just didn’t care anymore. I’m glad I made it far enough to give it an honest review for the publisher.
- The next three books I’m glad I read so I know what happened in the series but don’t plan on rereading when I reread their prospective series.
- See above.
- Another book that I’m glad I read to know what happens in the series but the book just didn’t work for me on the whole. I could have probably skipped this book altogether and not been lost in the series but you don’t know if a book is good or bad until you read it.
- This was the final book in the series so I’m glad I read it but it simply didn’t live up to the rest of the series.
- I think you all know how I feel about this book. This is one book on the list I’m not glad I read… well, that isn’t exactly true. I’m glad I finished the series but wished I had stopped reading three books back.
- Not a fan of classics but with all the vampire books I’ve read over the years I’m glad I read the one that started them all.
- This book I’m glad I stuck it out because I ended up so disgusted by the end that I was able to walk away from the series altogether. I’m done and I don’t care how it all ends.
- Another case of I’m glad I read the book to know what happened in the series but it wasn’t my favorite.
What book that you hated are you glad to have read?