Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
April 17: Freebie (create your own topic): Signs I’m into a book/series/author.
The idea for this list struck me a couple of months back and I almost wrote it up for a bookish thoughts post. When I checked out the upcoming TTT list topics I noticed the upcoming freebie list and decided to use it for this instead.
Note: My scheduling of this post was off, damn you failing eyesight that makes a tiny 1 look like a 7…. I tried to redact this and save it for today but some of you might have had a sneak peek of today’s list. Sorry for any confusion.
Ten signs that I’m really into a book or series.
- Dreaming: When I’m reading or rereading a particularly long series I’m enjoying the plot and characters will eventually work their way into my dreams.
- Autobuy: There are fewer names on the list but I still have a few that I will buy automatically on release day.
- Imaginary Conversations: Okay, I admit it… When I’m doing some menial task like mowing the lawn or cleaning out the chicken coop I will sometimes have conversations with characters in my favorite books. Seems weird to me but it sure does make the chore pass faster.
- Reading Excerpts: If I LOVE my current read and find it particularly funny I will sometimes follow my husband around the house reading him excerpts. Got him to read The Martian that way!
- Library Suggestion: When I truly enjoy a book I will often times put it on the buy list at work.
- Pimp that Book: Number five leads to me recommending it to any and all patrons that I think it might be a good fit for.
- Stalking the Author: Not for real, but I usually follow the authors I enjoy on social media.
- Reread: Wanting to read a book more than once is always a good sign that I loved it.
- Home Library: Since working in a library I have become less sentimental about a book and only those titles I truly love earn a permanent spot on my stacks.
- Investigate: I will quickly begin hunting down other titles by that author to enjoy.
What signs do you have that you are enjoying a particular book, series or author? Share in the comments!