Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
March 27: Books That Take Place In Another Country
When I started looking up books for this list I was surprised at how few were on my read shelf over at Goodreads. Perhaps I need to venture out in my reading a bit more.
Ten books that were set in foreign countries.
- This one was set in the United Kingdom. I enjoyed the first book quite a bit but the second one fell flat and I didn’t continue on with the series.
- This book is a historical fiction novel set in late 1800’s Istanbul Turkey.
- This is a YA Fantasy trilogy set in the United Kingdom.
- This depressing but important read was set in Afghanistan.
- This mystery thriller was set in France, England, and Scotland.
- This emotional read was set during WWII in France and Turkey.
- This short read was set in Egypt and the Sahara Desert.
- This indie story is set in Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey and the United States but most of it takes place in Bulgaria.
- Not too adventurous here as this story takes place in Canada.
- Not 100% sure what all countries this book is set in. France for sure and England but probably a couple others too.
What are some of your favorite locations for books?