Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
March 6: Favorite Book Quotes
I know that we have done quotes before on a Top Ten Tuesday so this week I’m going to put a spin on the list. I’m going to pick only quotes from one author.
Ten Darynda Jones Quotes
- “Never knock on death’s door. Ring the doorbell then run. He totally hates that.
- “That took balls.”
“Please,” I said with a snort, “that took ovaries. Of which I have two.”
- “Genius has its limitations.
Insanity…not so much” -Bumper Sticker”
- “I may not look like much, but I’m an expert at pretending to be a ninja.”
- “IF IT HAS TIRES OR TESTICLES, IT’S GONNA GIVE YOU TROUBLE. —BUMPER STICKER”
- “How would you like your eggs?”
I tried. I really did. But I glanced at his crotch and it came out anyway. “Fertilized?”
- “DON’T GO BUYING TROUBLE.
IT’S FREE AND IT KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE.
- “NEVER BE AFRAID TO DART AROUND IN PUBLIC, HUMMING THE MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE THEME SONG. —T-SHIRT”
- “Insanity does NOT run in my family. It strolls through, takes its time, and gets to know everyone personally. —T-SHIRT”
- “Mistakes were made.
Others were blamed.”
Many of those were the fun little quotes that she puts at the beginning of chapters. Hope you enjoyed them and if you haven’t already, give her Charley Davidson series a try!