Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
February 27: Books I Could Re-read Forever
I used to not reread books then I took a look at my expanding home library and decided that if I was going to justify keeping all these books they had to be ones that I would be interested in rereading eventually. That way my stacks are reserved for only those titles that mean the most to me. So far this system has worked pretty well. I only keep books I absolutely love and no longer feel guilty about spending money on books. With my recent expansion into audiobooks, I have also started listening to titles I’ve previously read. It is a great way to get a different perspective on a book and a lot of times the narrator brings a story to life. Below are some of the titles and series I envision myself enjoying the rest of my life.
Ten books that plan to read over and over again.
- The Dark Hunter Series is one of the longest series I own with over 40 different stories that make up the complete series (including all the novellas and spin-offs) it is also one of my favorite series! I’ve reread it once already (took three months) and I will most likely read it again someday.
- I love this trilogy and am super excited about Marcus’s book that is coming out soon! I’ve read this one three times already.
- This was the first book by Mr. Scalzi I read and while I’ve not read this one a second time yet I plan to eventually as it is a lovely tribute to the original Star Trek Series.
- I’ve not talked about this book in a while. I’ve read it three times already and can see myself reading it many more. It is probably my favorite stand-alone series.
- This is a series I am working on reading again in audio format. Have to say I’m falling in love with it all over again.
- This is the other series I am working on in audio format and am waiting for book six to continue.
- This series is one I’m torn on. I wonder if I am getting tired of the series. I’m not as excited about picking up the later books but love the spin-off series which feels more like the earlier ones in the Blackdagger Brotherhood series.
- This is my favorite light chick-lit paranormal romance that I read. I have most if not all of the books in the series. I hope to read them again someday even though it is quite long at over 20 books.
- Yep, Ms. Kenyon made my list twice. I have found that this audiobook is offered through my library and might borrow it sometime when I am done with the other two rereads.
- Chicagoland Vampires is a finished series and I am excited about the spin-off series. I hadn’t thought about rereading it until this list and needed one more book or series. But now that I think about it might be fun. Maybe it is available in audiobook format.
Another week, another list. What books do you plan to reread?