Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
February 20: Books I’ve Decided I’m No Longer Interested In Reading
This might be a challenging list to work up this week. I recently figured out how to weed books from my Goodreads account and did a major purge. I went from something over 600 titles to-read to 282 titles. I removed everything I was no longer interested in or recognized/remembered. I kept mainly titles by authors I was familiar with or knew I wanted to read. Some of the titles I removed are ones I own. I’m no longer going to use Goodreads to prevent myself from buying a book I already own because recently I haven’t been using it while shopping. My tastes have changed and I’m not picking up the same type of books that I used to. I did keep my Star Trek books on the account because I do pick those up when I come across them even though I don’t seem to ever get around to reading them. Anyway, I’m sure I can scrounge up some titles to share this week.
Ten books that I simply lost interest in…
- This one caught my eye in a few blog reviews. I put it on my list but didn’t go out to buy it and waited for it to cross my path. Never did so I removed it from my to-read list. If it ever crosses my path I might pick it up and read it.
- Another one that I added a long time ago and it never crossed my path. I’m going to remove it for now.
- This book was one that I added when I was into YA titles, now that I’m over them I am going to remove this one from my to-read list.
- This is a case of I picked a book up cheap at a sale and it sat on my shelves for years. I’m going to donate it someplace and maybe someone else will find time to read it.
- This book is pretty much the same explanation as for the last book…
- I tried this author once and just didn’t care for her book that much but had downloaded this title already from a free e-book offer. I’m not going to delete it but I’m going to take it off my to-read list.
- Added this one when I was in a what classics should I be reading phase. I’m over reading to try to impress people. Weeded
- Never got around to this title but it still looks interesting. Might get to is as we have it in the library where I work but probably not.
- This book is another victim of my lost interest in YA… Also didn’t enjoy the movie that much.
- I suggested this title to my library but after some feedback from patrons, I’m not sure I’m going to read it.
There is my list for the week. Are there any titles above that you loved? Why not lobby for them in the comments. Maybe they will make it back on to my reading list.