Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
February 13: Love Freebie
This week I’m going to share some of the love stories that I’ve read that while beautiful had a bittersweet ending. Sometimes love doesn’t walk off hand in hand into the sunset. Here are some of my favorites. Please note that there might be spoilers with some of these romances that end with one of the characters passing away or clues to how the couples end up together. You have been warned.
Ten bittersweet romances…
- This is book number four in the Chicagoland Vampires series the book where the series finally won me over. Merit has accepted her new identity as a vampire and warmed up to Ethan just to have him killed off at the end of the book. I about threw the book across the room but it hooked me for the series and it ended up being one of my favorites.
- While this is a terribly dark story it is also a beautiful one about the love of two souls that have journeyed throughout time together in different life incarnations.
- We spend most of this series with Marguerite, matchmaker extraordinaire, finding lifemates for her children and various other family members. In book nine we learn the horrible past that Marguerite experienced being manipulated by her husband, who was not a lifemate, but someone who manipulated and controlled her every moment. He has passed well before this series started but in this book, Marguerite finally gets a chance to be united with her lifemate.
- I believe I cried for the last 50 pages or so of this story. Why because he dies of course and then she spends the rest of her life waiting for one last moment with him. Sorry, I basically spoiled this one for you.
- A beautiful love story where two souls are not separated by death but life.
- Ms. Kenyon is the queen of tortured heroes and she has yet to outdo what cooked up for Styxx. Fear not it does have a happy ending.
- I wasn’t sure I was going to like this story in the Blackdagger Brotherhood series because the Shadows were not my favorite characters. But man this book wiped the floor with my emotions. I can not believe how it ended.
- I’m not sure if this is the book where Kisten met his final death but it was just so tragic. I loved Rachel and Kisten together so much that it was difficult for me to accept who Rachel eventually ends up with.
- It isn’t the main characters, Dianna and Matthew, but Gallowglass’s unrequited love that earned this book a spot on the list.
- I struggled to find a tenth bittersweet love story for the list but decided to add this one to the list. Pretty much everyone I know hated how this story ended but I thought it was pretty fitting.
There you have my list for the week. Feel free to share links in the comments to your TTT list or your favorite bittersweet love story. Happy Valentine’s Day.