Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
February 6: Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read
This list should be easy, all I am going to do is head over to Goodreads and see which books have been on my want-to-read list longest.
Ten books that have been on my To-Read List the longest.
- Added 10/25/11: I know I picked this up used years ago apparently. I am not sure I own it anymore as I’ve been weeding my to-read bookcase at home. Frankly, I should probably remove this title as I don’t think I will ever get around to reading it…
- Added 12/20/11: I actually have the first few books in this series and have been meaning to try them soon. I think I saw a review somewhere that renewed my interest. Might not be this year but I will get to these eventually. To try at least.
- Added 12/20/11: Another title that I will probably give up on and weed from my shelves at home.
- Added 2/12/12: I did read the first book in this series but simply never picked up the second book. I will probably need to reread number one, or maybe I can borrow the audiobook. I will hold on to this book as I do want to give this series another chance.
- Added 3/21/12: While I enjoy the Blackdagger Brotherhood series and its spin-off I was not crazy about the Fallen Angels series. I don’t think I will ever get around to reading book two.
- Added 3/13/12: I had meant to read this book earlier it even sat on my nightstand for almost a year before I put it back on the shelves. I’m not sure why I never got around to it but I will be keeping it around and hopefully feel like picking it up sometime.
- Added 11/19/12: I’m torn about this series. I have most if not all of the titles in the series but find myself not interested in romance books filled with sex and little plot anymore. I know it has to do with shifting hormones now that I am in menopause. I’m making assumptions here but a series about succubuses is bound to have tons of sex in it and I would hate to miss half the book as I tend to now skip those parts. Let me know if I’m wrong and this book is more plot than sex.
- Added 11/19/12: I think the reason that I haven’t gotten around to this book sooner as it is about witches and I am generally not a fan. I tend to stick with my shifters and vampires.
- Added 1/9/13: I’m sure this book made in on my list when I was reading much racier titles. Since I don’t own this one I will probably pull it from my Goodreads shelves.
- Added 1/31/13: Another erotic novel that is going to be weeded from my shelves… If it crosses my path maybe I will read it but I have a feeling that my taste has simply changed too much.
Well, there you have my list for this week. What books have you avoided reading the longest?