Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
January 23: Books I Really Liked but Can’t Remember Anything/Much About
This very topic is the reason I started reviewing what I read. I wanted to remember what I thought of books in different, but similar, series or authors I’ve tried before but didn’t like all that much. I started writing a review to help out my memory and found that friends enjoyed them so I started a blog. For this week’s list, I’m going to go through my four and five stars rated books and see which ones draw a blank.
Ten books that must have liked…
- I read this book sometime before 2010 and do not have a review for any of the books in the series. I remember enjoying it and a general idea of its plot but not much else.
- I remember being disappointed that the author only wrote two books in this series. I remember more about the second title but this one only a tiny amount. Gave it four stars though and read it sometime before 2010.
- Yep, no clue. The synopsis doesn’t even jog my memory on this one. Another four-star rating and read in October 2011.
- According to my review, I loved this one. I remember having to wait forever for the last book to be released. I did buy it but had forgotten so much of the first two books that I never finished the series. Now I taste has changed so much that I am hesitant to go back and reread the series.
- I loved these short stories but this is another case of waiting too long for next releases led to a loss of interest and then forgetting… This is one series that I might reread in order to finish mainly because they are quick reads.
- I almost feel bad about this one. The previous books were read more than five years ago. This title was an audiobook listen in 2016. I did like it but I wonder if the fact that I listened to instead of reading it led to my foggy memories.
- Another case of I can remember the basic plot but not much else. This was also another disappointment in that the author only wrote two books in the series.
- I remember being blown away by this book and enjoying it second too. Then I had to wait… I ended up forgetting too much and never finished the series. Dammit, I hate when that happens.
- I’ve mentioned this series before in my TTT lists most of the time it is about the cover art not matching the plot. I don’t remember much about this title beyond it was an excellent read, one of the best by an indie author I’ve found.
- Another case of I feel bad about forgetting so much of this series. I think it just blends into all the other vampire romances that I was into at the time. Not enough stood out to leave a lasting impression. It was a great series, however, and I still recommend it for paranormal fans.
That’s my list for this week. I truly do feel bad about forgetting so much of what I’ve read. Perhaps if I wait long enough I can simply enjoy these titles for the first time all over again…