Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week she asks us to share lists on the following:
January 16: Bookish Resolutions/Goals
I’ve long given up trying to direct my reading life. I’m simply a mood reader and when I put rules or expectations on my reading I simply end up stressed. Reading should be fun and too many rules or goals squashes my reading pleasure. Still, for participation purposes, I will try to come up with ten resolutions for my reading in 2018.
Ten Bookish Resolutions for 2018
- YouTube: For the love of God step away from YouTube. It is nothing but a huge time suck and I waste far too much time watching mindless, yet entertaining, vlogs. I also watch the news but outside of those two hours a day I need to seriously put a block on that site.
- Goodreads Goal: I hope to read ten more books than last year. So even though I set my Goodreads goal at 52 I hope to actually read something like 98 books in total.
- Audiobooks: I want to continue to listen to audiobooks this year. I do want to change my focus as far as audiobooks go and use it as a way to reread titles I have already enjoyed.
- Star Trek: I have a tough time passing up Star Trek books when I find them while thrifting. I have quite the collection built up and they are beginning to creep onto other shelves on my to-read bookcase.
- Weed More: I would like to weed some of the titles I don’t plan to read anymore on my to-read shelves (physical and virtual). I would also love to get my husband into our home library to go through his collection of titles.
- Use the Library More: I work at a public library and haven’t checked out that many books over the past year instead focusing on reading titles I have at home. I should try to borrow more books from my public library.
- Read more Non-Fiction: I do occasionally read titles that are NF but not that often. Maybe I should use that library card to find some NF titles that interest me.
- Catch up on Series: I have so many series that I follow and have fallen behind with. I need to either own up and abandon them or get my butt in gear and read the titles that are already released.
- New Authors: I’ve not been seeking out new authors to try and should. Maybe once I month I could try to read a book by someone I’ve not read before.
- Get new glasses: I’ve been blaming my decline in reading on needing bifocals for about two years now. I need to make a freaking eye appointment and just get a pair of reading glasses already.
There is my list for this week what reading goals or resolutions do you have for 2018?