Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
January 9: Ten Books We Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn’t Get To (and totallyyyy plan to get to in 2018!!)
I’m not much of a planner when it comes to reading the past couple years preferring to read whatever I’m in the mood for. Still, there are always some titles that we mean to pick up over the course of a reading year. Here are some titles that I either meant to read or thought I might try but didn’t pick up for some reason.
Ten books that I didn’t read in 2017
- This one I started before coming down with the plague in early December but didn’t get very far into it. I hope to give it a better chance this January.
- This is a case of I bought the book when it came out and needed to read the one before then wasn’t too impressed with that book and decided to put off this title…
- I was so excited about a new series by my favorite author but when I got my hands on it I learned that it was a historical and I have been hesitant to actually start it fearing bitter disappointment.
- This series is one I still enjoy despite the fact that I never get around to reading the latest release the year it comes out. I should really stop buying them release week and wait until I’m ready to read them and picking them up secondhand or discounted.
- See number 2 for the reason why I’ve not read this book yet…
- This is a review book I picked up on Net Galley. I had wanted to read it before Christmas but again I got sick and didn’t get much reading done.
- This is a free download that I was offered in a newsletter. It looked interesting and I did try to start it but quickly lost interest. This one I might not get around to anytime soon.
- This series was one I read around the time of my hysterectomy last year. Got to this book and needed a break. Haven’t gotten around to finishing the last two books.
- I requested this book through Blogging for Books and couldn’t get into it. I still want to give it try but seem to be in no hurry.
- I read the first book in this series in hope that I would find a new series to enjoy. while the first book was okay it just didn’t grab me. I do have the others and hope to get to them eventually.
Another week, another list. What books did you mean to read last year?