Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
October 3: Top Ten Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends
I feel like I’ve done this topic recently or perhaps a time or two before so this week I am putting a spin on the topic. I’m going to pick characters I have a girl crush on. Here is the definition of Girl Crush I am using: Girl Crush – feelings of admiration and adoration which a girl has for another girl, without wanting to shag said girl. a nonsexual attraction, usually based on veneration at some level.
Ten Female Characters I have a Girl Crush on.
- Elena Deveraux – out of all the ladies on this list Elena is the one I am least familiar with. Of what I’ve read, though, I’ve enjoyed and I look forward to seeing how the series progresses. I am way behind at having read only two or three books.
- Charley Davidson – This might be my biggest girl crush on the list. I love Charley. The sarcasm, hot husband, phenomenal cosmic powers. Sigh. Big girl crush here. I want Charley for my BFF.
- Celaena Sardothien – I’ve given up on this series but from what I remember I was totally impressed by the complexity and kick-assness of this character. I also appreciated how she wasn’t a whiny YA heroine.
- Merit – She might be my second favorite girl crush on the list. It wasn’t an easy road and I almost didn’t stick the series out but in the end, I loved reading Merit’s story.
- Ivy Tamwood – This is a bit of a deviation from the other books on this week’s list. Ivy isn’t the main character in this series. I liked Rachel and all but man Ivy was something else.
- Cat Crawfield – I so miss this series. Cat was one of the best kick-ass heroines around. Sigh.
- Bethany – I had trouble thinking of someone from my favorite author’s main series but Bethany fits the bill. Styxx’s story was so epic that he needed to have an H.E.A to match. She is one of my favorites despite being absent from much of the book.
- V.I. Warshawski – I’ve not read this series for a long time and don’t have any plans to pick it up again but that doesn’t change the fact that V.I. is all kinds of awesome. If you are not a fan of paranormal or sci-fi then this is a safe pick for you as it is a good old detective series, no magic or other funny stuff.
- Diana Bishop – When I stumbled across this book I knew it belonged on the list. Diana isn’t perfect but she is totally crushworthy. Matthew isn’t too shabby either ;)
- Marguerite Argeanu – My last selection is also a little different. Marguerite is only the main character in this book but she is present in many of the books. I love this sneaky matchmaker and if I wasn’t happily married I’d want her to find me my own H.E.A. She is always spot on in her picks.
Well, there you have this week’s list what literary crushes do you have?