Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
September 12: Throwback Freebie: Ten Books I Loved During The First Year I Started My Blog
Repetitively speaking my blog isn’t that old, I founded Read What I Like back in 2014, so there wasn’t a huge number of books to pull from and many are fresh in my mind. I decided to go back and find the first 10 books that I gave five-star reviews for, only one per author. It is interesting to see how my reading and writing has changed since my first year and I wonder if I continue to stand by my five-star ratings for the following books. Let’s find out!
Ten books that earned five stars my first year of blogging.
Books will link to their original review instead of Goodreads for this post.
- This was the first book I gave five stars to on my blog! It was a great story but sadly I have not finished the trilogy. I still have it on my Nook but simply too much time has passed and my reading taste changed too much for me to pick this world up again. I continue to recommend it to others however.
- Hard to believe it was only three short years ago that I discovered this series and now it only has two more books before it ends. I’m going to miss this world so much as Ms. Jones has become one of my favorite authors. If you have not read this series I highly recommend you jump all over that bandwagon.
- Happy to see that my favorite author made the list even if it is for her YA spin-off series. The next installment of this series should be out soon. Only like six or seven more to go…
- This is one of the first physical review books I received as well as one of the, if not thee first, non-fiction books I reviewed here.
- One of my two regular indie authors that I enjoy. This is a charming series and I encourage you to go check her work out.
- And here we have the other indie author! Ms. Rhoades has become a good friend through online social networks and reviewing her books. I did miss out on her latest release, however, and plan to pick that one up to review as well. After all the hours of enjoyment her books have brought me I thought it only fair that I actually buy a few of her books! Also my reading life has been a bit chaotic the past year or so…
- This was another review book that I absolutely fell for and wished the author had written a few more books set in this world. So much potential!
- Wow. I can’t believe I read this book the first year I was blogging! It seems like it was so long ago yet I continue to pimp this title regularly on the blog and with my library patrons. Can’t wait to share my thoughts on his second book coming in November.
- Loved this trilogy so much. I’m delighted to see that it is being made into a tv series but a bit disappointing that it won’t be releasing in the United States. Not the end of the world. I am thrilled to learn though that the author plans to write more books set in this world, though.
- Ah, the turning point for this series for me. I was not a big fan until this book then everything turned and I was thrilled when Read What I Like became a blog stop for the final book in this series. I am also looking forward to the spin-off series coming out soon.
Well there you have my first ten five-star reviews! I don’t think I would change the rating on any of them.