Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
May 23: Summer Reads Freebie
I’ve done the beach reads and most of the books wouldn’t have changed from that list so this year I’m going to do a different type of summer reads TTT list. Being a fairly recent convert to audiobooks I’m going to pick ten audiobooks that I’ve listened to to suggest for your next road trip! Warning, some of these might not be child-friendly.
Ten audiobooks for your next road trip.
- 10 Hours 59 Minutes: One of my favorite books makes it back on the list. Haven’t seen this one in a while. I actually listened to this on my trip to BEA last year and it was great! Lots of swear words so maybe not for pre-teen listeners.
- 15 Hours 43 Minutes: This was a fun thriller/government conspiracy story that will provide some entertainment and conversation for those who already believe the government has too much power and is too involved in our lives.
- 11 Hours 31 Minutes: Great science fiction book about multiple earths and the consequences of what happens to society when people are no longer owned by their government.
- 8 Hours 28 Minutes: Another science fiction listen that works better as an audiobook than it did in print for me. Multiple narrators and written as a series of released government documents.
- 14 Hours 4 minutes: A kind of creepy tale about a gentleman eavesdropping on a therapist session and becoming overly involved in the patient’s life.
- 1 Hour 2 Minutes: A short classic story narrated by Star Trek actors. Lots of fun!
- 11 Hours 47 Minutes: Quite a bit of swearing in this one too but lots of humor as well.
- 7 Hours 41 Minutes: This was an interesting story with a paranormal twist. Reminded me a bit of The Da Vinci Code with lots of puzzles and secret society.
- 16 Hours 35 Minutes: Another Science Fiction, a space opera this time. This was a great adventure piece that did not give me hope that the human race will change its stripes anytime soon.
- 6 Hours 36 Minutes: One non-fiction book for the list. This book is full of crazy circumstances that the author works our the logic for what would happen. For example: What if there was no moon? What if everyone on the planet jumped up at once? This book is probably the most kid friendly on the list and would provide great conversation starters when it is time to stop and eat.
There you have my list for the week. What audiobooks do you think would make great road trip listens? Share in the comments!