Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
March 28: Top Ten Authors I’m Dying To Meet / Ten Authors I Can’t Believe I’ve Met (some other “meeting authors” type spin you want to do)
So for this week’s list I am going to do some shameless bragging. Only a little bit though as I’ve not actually met that many authors. So this week I am going to split the list between met and want to meet.
Five authors I’ve met and five authors I want to meet!
- Sherrilyn Kenyon- Met & Want to Meet: Yes, that is right folks I have actually met my favorite author and made a complete fool of myself… It was so cool though and she was such a nice person! I would also love to go to another signing if she ever comes back to the area.
- Deborah Harkness – Want to Meet: I loved the All Souls Trilogy. Absolutely some of my favorite books hands down. It would be so cool to actually get to meet her in person.
- John Scalzi – Met: No picture with this author because when I met him I had only read one of his books and was not as big of a fan as I am now… Stupid Amy… So I guess Mr. Scalzi should also be added to the list of authors I would like to meet again. Such a big fan now. Also another really nice author!
- J.R. Ward – Want to Meet: I basically want to meet this author to hear her swear like a sailor. It cracks me up that she uses such foul language. Also, I love her books.
- Sylvia Day – Met!: Got to meet Ms. Day at BEA last year. She is such a sweet woman and took the time to speak with everyone in line and take pictures with them. Truly a stand-up author!
- Jaqueline Rhoades – Want to Meet: This is my favorite indie author and friend on Facebook. Someday I hope to meet Jackie in person!
- Justin Cronin – Met: What an awesome man this is! Not a great picture but I did catch him in a booth at BEA. It was amazing to get the opportunity to meet Mr. Cronin.
- Darynda Jones – Want to Meet: Sigh, someday… I am friends with her on Facebook if that counts for anything and have interacted with her there.
- Katarina Bivald – Met: Not a widely known author but I think I should receive bonus points as she is from Sweeden. Another sweet woman who I met at BEA last year. Just recently got around to reading her only book The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend.
- Andy Weir – Want to Meet: How could the author of The Martian not be on my list? I’ve pimped his book enough! I love his story as to how his book came to being published. I also follow him online and he just seems like a cool guy. I would love to meet him someday.
There you have this week’s list. How about you? What authors have you met or would like to meet?