Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
February 21: Ten Books I Loved Less/More Than I Thought I Would (recently or all time)
First off sorry I didn’t get a post out yesterday. We left for town to get the car alignment done early and I just didn’t get around to it in the afternoon. This week I am going to not select single books but paranormal series/authors that I just didn’t click with. I tried to stick to major names that have wide fan bases and not just obscure authors few have heard of. So shall we see who I’m just not a fan of?
Ten Paranormal Series I Didn’t Like
- Christine Feehan: Took me several books before I realized that this author’s writing style and I didn’t gel. It has been a while so I can’t remember exactly why she didn’t work for me just that I didn’t care for her series and decided to pursue greener pastures.
- Kresley Cole: Another series where I read several books into the series before abandoning. Also, another series that I attempted so long ago that I forgot why. Thank goodness for Goodreads otherwise, I would be picking up work by these authors that I don’t care for all the time…
- Gena Showalter: I so wanted to enjoy this author’s work that I attempted two different series by her. Neither one clicked for me so now I know better than to pick up a tempting book by Ms. Showalter. Pretty covers, though.
- Michelle Rowen: Read like three books in this series. It was enough.
- Susan Sizemore: Ditto.
- P.C. Cast: Picked up this series shortly after my Twilight phase. Just didn’t care for it. Too much poetry and too imature.
- MaryJanice Davidson: I tried with this world. The main character ended up doing me in and I just couldn’t continue after like five books. Not a fan.
- Sandra Hill: Just couldn’t get into the second book in this series. I do own the next two books however so this one is the only series on the list that I will be making another attempt at someday…
- Laurell K. Hamilton: This author and the next are so popular that I am almost ashamed to put them on the list. I had to though because in the end I didn’t like either of these series one I managed to get like five books into before abandoning the other I dumped halfway through the second book.
- Jim Butcher: See above. Dumped halfway through book two. Sorry but I could not stand his characters.
Well, I hope that I have not offended too many of you this week’s selections. Just remember that just because something didn’t work for me doesn’t mean you won’t love it so go give these a try to make up your own mind whether they are good or not. What authors haven’t worked for you?