Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
February 14: All About Romance Tropes/Types — top ten favorite hate-to-love romances (from books or movies or tv), top ten favorite (or least favorite) insta-love romances, favorite slow-burn romances, favorite star-crossed lovers, etc. etc. Can go so many ways with this one).
First off Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I know this is a made-up holiday and many people hate this day as much as I hate Mother’s Day. Personally, I don’t really celebrate the holiday beyond using it as an excuse to go out for lunch and justifying a new book purchase. For this week’s list I decided to share my favorite couples from the series I read.
My Ten Favorite Couples
- Bones and Cat: I also enjoy the couple in the spin-off Night Prince series almost as much as the original but wanted to limit each author to one spot on this list. This will become more difficult in future picks as you will see. This series, however, was a great example of a strong female paired with a strong male. This series isn’t so much about Cat as it is about the bond and chemistry between her and Bones. They make this world.
- Charley and Reyes: How could this couple not be on this list. The dynamics between Charley and Reyes is off the chart! I love watching these two work at couplehood. They are such strong contrasts that can almost seem to flip in an instant. Just when you think you have these two figured out they shift or trade persona and it has your head spinning. Love these two!
- Diana & Matthew: Sigh. I so miss these two.
- Bride & Vane: This was a difficult series to pick just one couple from. If you know the series it might surprise you that I picked these two. Sure there were lots of great books but when I considered who to select I wanted to go with a couple I enjoyed together not just a book where I had a crush on the male lead. This is probably the earliest case where that happen in the series.
- Anna & Charles: What? Why didn’t I pick Mercy and Adam? Because while I love Mercy’s series I often feel that the chemistry between her and Adam falls flat. Anna and Charles have a richer dynamic that I love.
- Sookie & Eric: Spoiler alert! But Sookie doesn’t end up with Eric… I know and that is why Ms. Harris is dead to me forever and I will not read another of her books. I LOVED Sookie and Eric together and felt the entire series was about these two coming together only for the author to tear them apart in the last few books to pair Sookie up with the equivalent to a brother. No fire at all between them. Yes, I’m holding a grudge.
- Merit & Ethan: As I’ve said before it took me four books to root for these two but when I finally jumped on board these two because one of my favorites. I will miss them.
- Raphael & Cyn: These two are hot and fortunately even though the series has moved its focus off of this couple we still get to check in with them every now and again in novellas.
- Zsadist & Bella: This is another series where there were so many great couples to choose from I had a difficult time remembering who I enjoyed most. I went with these two because their story is just so phenomenal.
- Clare & Henry: The story of these two’s love just breaks my heart. If you want a heart-wrenching bitter-sweet love affair then this is the book for you. That last chapter, that last page man had me wiped out. Such a beautiful story.
There you have some of my favorite couples this Valentine’s Day. Who are some of your favorite couples?