Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
January 31: All about the visuals: Top Ten Favorite Graphic Novels/Comics or Ten Comics on My TBR or Top Ten Favorite Picture Books
Hmm, this week’s list isn’t quite one I’m prepared for… I’m not a graphic novel or comic reader and picture books aren’t really my thing so I’m not exactly sure how to approach this week’s list. I can count the number of graphic novels I’ve actually read on one hand. So. I think this is what we are going to do. I am going to go browsing over at Goodreads and see what graphic novels catch my eye.
Ten Graphic Novels that I would totally give a chance if they crossed my path.
- Came across this one first in my Goodreads search and felt it fairly fitting for the political climate we find ourselves in currently in America. I also enjoyed the movie based on this series. I would give this GN a chance.
- This one kept coming up in the GN searches on Goodreads so it seems to be a standard as far as GN go. Who am I buck tradition in a genre I know little about. I would also try this one.
- This was the first GN suggestion that looked truly intriguing it is based in the Islamic world and from the few pictures I found in review posts this GN looks beautiful.
- Had to have my Star Trek on this list somewhere. I enjoy the new dogma developed by J.J. Abrams so why not start there but in all actuality I would read any Star Trek GN that crossed my path.
- From my understanding, the hit show Lucifer on Fox is loosely based upon this spin-off GN series. Sure why not I do enjoy the show after all.
- I have known for some time now that Ms. Kenyon had partnered with an artist to bring her Dark Hunter world to the world of Magna. While I haven’t actively sought them out I think it would be cool to take a look at a visual representation of the characters and world that I enjoy.
- Okay, this is simply on this list because I enjoyed the movie.
- This one looked so interesting it actually made it to my to-read list. The story line sound really good.
- I’m a fan of The Time Traveller’s Wife and while I’ve not read anything else by the author this sounds fascinating. A bookmobile that carries every book a reader has read! Yes, please, imagine what you could learn about yourself.
- Another GN set in a Muslim society. Sounds like something that would interest me. Looks beautiful as well.
Well, there you have my list of potential TBR graphic novels that I wouldn’t pass by. What other ones could you recommend to someone who isn’t familiar with the format?