Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
January 24: FREEBIE — that super specific list you want to make?? All yours to tackle this week!
Every year I try to pick one book or series to reread. It is my way to justify keeping some of the physical books and series I enjoy. A book/series gets a permanent place on my stacks if I will eventually, someday, in the future reread the title. With my recent cancer scare, hey fun fact I am probably in surgery as you are reading this, I have gone through and weeded my home shelves and reevaluated the books I was holding onto. Some of them I decided to let go because I probably wouldn’t be reading them again. Life is short and if a book/series doesn’t elicit a strong emotion or memory then I am going to let it go. So below you will find my list of books that I loved and hope to recapture the magic I once felt by reading them again.
Ten books that hope to read again some day.
- I loved this book but oh man did it make me cry. Big ugly tears for the last third of the book. I will reread this title some day but maybe when I’m not battling a major disease like Cancer… Beautiful story, though.
- Another tear jerker here and another beautiful story about love as well. This book can be rather graphic at times but it is so worth the effort. This book will forever have a place on my shelves. Again will probably wait until I am not sick myself to reread this one.
- I have almost all the books in the Mercy Thompson series and its spin-off Alpha and Omega series. I hope to reread this world some day but hopefully, I won’t fall out of love with this world before that happens.
- I used to reread the Twilight series each year up until I read this book. Haven’t read Twilight since. This is an amazing trilogy and I hope to reread the entire series someday, perhaps right before the author’s promised spin-off prequel book/series
- This was the book that made me fall in love with John Scalzi. If you are a fan of Star Trek then you will not want to miss this book. If not then this is still a great read and so much more than a parody of Trek. So good.
- I’ve read this series twice already and hope to read it again even though it took me three months last time. With more than 30 books, closer to 40 I think, with all the short stories that it is a massive undertaking. So worth it.
- This is another long series but a bit lighter than the last one. This is probably my favorite, still active, fluffy chick-lit paranormal romance series. I have all but one or two of the titles and sometime when I simply need to escape and laugh I will reread this series.
- Why yes, I have read this book three times already. I will read it again too, most likely it will be a few years, though. This is probably my favorite book of all time.
- Another paranormal series that I enjoy. I meant to reread it before now but simply haven’t made time for it. If there was one series on the list that I might not get to this one would probably be it. I love this world but my taste are changing and maybe fond memories and the current release will be enough with this world.
- Love, love, love this series! I would have to say it is my current favorite and I WILL reread this series! I have heard rumors that it might end in a book or two so waiting to reread this series right before reading the last book sounds like the perfect way to say goodbye to this world.
Well, there you have my list for this week. What books do you plan to reread in your life?
On a side note. I am currently in Iowa City today to have my hysterectomy and hopefully, removing all of my cancer. It has been a longer wait than I wanted but much shorter than some women have. I hope everything goes smoothly with no complications. I would greatly appreciate any positive energy you could send my and my husband’s way. I am only 42 so please if you are a woman and experience anything abnormal about your monthly cycle please see a doctor. Your life very well could depend on it. If you want to follow my journey with cancer, hysterectomy surgery and recovery feel free to visit my other blog, What I’m Dealing With.