Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
January 10: Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)
Like many readers. there are tons of books you mean to read but for various reasons haven’t gotten around to yet. Last year was another reading slump year for me due to stress but I’m surprised that there weren’t that many books that I didn’t get to but planned to read. Below you will find ten of them, some are more likely than others to be read in 2017 I’ll point those out.
Ten books that didn’t get to in 2016
- 2017 for sure: Picked this one up the week it was released and then was promptly diagnosed with cancer, so yeah I didn’t get to it. Plan to read this one during my hysterectomy recovery.
- Might read in 2017: Started this series and then hit some stress with replacing a car and decided to put off continuing the series until my head was in a better spot.
- No Plan: I picked this one up on a whim at BEA. The author’s signing line wasn’t very long and the book has a beautiful cover. It is this author’s first book and he was so sweet and excited to be there. It actually sounds pretty good so I will be reading it eventually, sometime when I’m in the mood for a stand alone.
- No Plan: Another title I picked up at BEA. I actually made a plan to find this one as it was one of the few books actually in my reading genre offered at BEA. The second book is already out and I still am not sure when I will get around t0 this one.
- 2017 for sure: Some of the reviews were not kind for this book by my favorite author and that made me put off reading the next book in the Dark Hunter series. I know I’ll read it but wanted to wait for a time when my mood was better and that it would bother me less if I didn’t love it.
- 2017 for sure: The last time I read this series by my favorite author is was two books back to back. Worked well so I thought I might try it again. Yep, that is what happen, not a reading slump at all. Conscious decision to wait to read this book. Totally….
- Unknown: This was a random BEA pick up that looked interesting. The synopsis still sounds promising for a light-hearted fun chick-lit read and I will probably pick this up sometime I’m in the mood for that type of book.
- Maybe 2017: I have mixed feelings about this one. I had a bad experience at BEA with the publishing house about this book. Got yelled at for picking it up to read the inside cover, not trying to take a copy, just looking at it. They tried to give me a chapter sampler (something I never read and don’t see the point of) and I put my hands up and walked away. I had no plans to read it at all after that but a friend whose taste in books I respect enjoyed it so I might give it a try. Probably will dock a star for the way the publisher made me feel, though. Petty I know but that interaction has already influenced how I feel about the book.
- Unknown: This is one of the few YA series that I still have positive feelings about. I will catch up eventually but am almost afraid to now that I have such a prejudice about YA books. I don’t want my rejection of the age range of this book to influence my opinion of it so I keep putting them off.
- Unknown: This will probably be my last attempt at this series. I used to enjoy it quite a bit but with my evolving taste in genres, it might be time to move on and simply have fond memories.
Well there you have my list what books did you not get around to reading last year?