Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
January 3, 2017: Top Ten 2017 Debuts I’m Excited For
With my upcoming surgery, I expect to have a lot of uninterrupted reading time once the fog lifts. Lots of time… I do plan on catching up on some books I’m sure there will plenty of time for upcoming new releases that catch my eye. It will all depend on what I’m in the mood to read. Below some of the titles I can’t wait to get my hands on, some I might have already ;).
Ten 2017 releases that I’m looking forward to reading!
- 1/24/17: This book just showed up over on Net Galley and I put my request for review right in. Not sure if I will be granted access or not but it is always worth a shot. Even if I don’t get a review copy I won’t be waiting long as the book releases this month! Love this author and love this series can’t wait to read this one.
- 2/7/17: I was totally surprised about this prequel to the now finished Hollows series. I took a chance and put a request in and was thrilled to be given a review copy of this one. I was even more shocked to see that it is a full-length book!!! As soon as I finish the Old Man’s War series I plan to dive into this one.
- 2/7/17: I will be buying this book as soon as I can drive again and put it on the to-read shelf next to the one I have to read before I can start this book… Sometimes it is nice to read them back to back but this is simply a result of my reading slump last year.
- 2/28/17: The last book in the spin-off series by Ms. Frost. Was delayed in its release but should be coming up soon! Looking forward to seeing how we say goodbye to Vlad.
- 3/7/17: I do believe I put in a review request for this title but I am totally expecting to be turned down. These publishers rarely approve me for a title. That’s okay I’ll still read it just on my time which might be a year or two after publication…
- 3/21/17: This is one title that I can’t wait to read. I have been on a John Scalzi kick for the last month and haven’t grown tired of his work yet! This should be a great read too.
- 3/28/17: Last book in this series didn’t work so hot for me. That’s okay sometimes that happens. Doesn’t mean I’m giving up on the series, however, I’ll still be picking up a copy of this book to add to my collection.
- 4/4/17: While I know I’m going to read this book I’m not sure I’m really excited about it. The two main characters are one’s I’m not really into. Fortunately, Ms. Ward tends to do a revolving plot between three centers of action so there will still be characters I want to know about as she sets up future books.
- 4/25/17: This is the last book in the Chicagoland Vampire series and I among many will be sad to see it go. I was ecstatic when I opened my email yesterday and found I was approved for an ARC of this book. So while I won’t be able to post my review until April I can totally read this book today if I want. The perks of book blogging :)
- 5/9/17: A spin-off series by my favorite author. Oh hell yes!!! I wonder if it will be put up for review request on Net Galley? Must keep my eyes open!
Well, there you have my list of ten books I’m looking forward to this year. What titles are you excited about?