Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
December 27: Top Ten Best Books Of 2016
Not a lot of explanation needed here. These are the top ten books I read in 2016. Most were not released this year. More followup coming when I write my year in review post January 1st.
The ten books I enjoyed most in 2016.
- My Review: This was a review book so it is one of the few that was actually published in 2016. Most of the plot escapes me right now but I remember loving it and being so sad that there is only one more book left in…
- My Review: Scalzi is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors, so much so that I needed to limit him to one book on this year’s list of favorites. If you’ve not read him yet go get yourself one of his titles now, you won’t regret it.
- My Review: This was another pleasant surprise. A title I borrowed in audio format from my library. I have the next one on my phone right now and I am desperately trying to resist giving up my current listen and diving into the next in this series.
- My Review: An audiobook borrow from my library and quite an interesting listen at that. The second book didn’t quite live up to the first and I’m a tad lost as I listen to the third, but this one was great!
- My Review: The second book in this science fiction series by my favorite indie author. This one was even better than the first!
- My Review: Was able to meet this author at BEA last May. She was so sweet and generous with her time for all her fans. This book was the last in her Crossfire series and was a bittersweet end to a series I really enjoyed.
- My Review: This was a surprising find at my library and the only title offered in the series. I enjoyed it so much I knew I wanted to revisit the series so when I found the next four books on eBay I snatched them right up. Now to refresh my memory as to what happen in the first one…
- My Review: Love this small press author. Her Vampires in America series rocks. This is the first book in her spin-off series and it was amazing. Go get yourself a copy.
- My Review: I actually received an ARC copy of this book!!! I was blown away and so grateful to the publisher. It just might be the best book I read this year or at least the one I enjoyed the most. Love this author, love this series.
- My Review:I was able to meet this author at BEA and he was amazing! Such a nice man and I was able to grab a selfie with him. This book was well worth the wait and made staying committed to the series so worth it. A beautiful end to an epic journey.
Well, there you have it my ten favorite reads from 2016. What books did you love this year?