Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
December 13: Top Ten Books I’m Looking Forward To For The First Half Of 2017
Normally I’m not crazy about these looking ahead at upcoming release TTT lists. I’m so far behind in most of my series and my to-read case is simply growing and never shrinking that when I look ahead at all I want to read coming out soon that I instantly feel guilty about all that I’ve not read yet. Also, I tend to not look that far ahead, for the reason I just mentioned, that I am not even aware of what might be coming out soon. This time, however, I was able to find quite a few books that I am looking forward to reading coming out next year. So many that I had to even leave some off the list. So here are some of the titles releasing next year that I can’t wait to read.
Ten books that I can’t wait to read in 2017
- Releasing 1/24/17: This is one of my favorite series and I am keeping a keen eye out for this title over on Net Galley. Regardless of if I score a review copy or not this one will definitely be popping up on the blog sometime early next year.
- Releasing 1/26/17: OMG!!! A revisit to the Hollow series! Yes, please. I have a feeling that this will be a short book, and it is billed as a prequel, but I don’t care. I would love to visit this world again even for a short story. So excited!
- Releasing 2/7/17: Here we have the perfect reason I don’t pay that close of attention to what is coming up release wise. I have yet to read the last book in this series. Oh well, I will buy this one set it on my self and read the two books back to back. I’ve done that before…
- Releasing 2/28/17: The release date of this last book in its series was pushed back due to personal issues for the author. Not a big deal to me, I just hope things get better for Ms. Frost. I’m sure I will enjoy this book no matter when it comes out and look forward to reading it and adding it to my home library.
- Releasing 3/7/17: Now I did not love the last release in this series. Not a big deal, some books work, some don’t. That doesn’t mean I won’t give the next book a try, however. It will take several didn’t work for me titles before I give up on this series.
- Releasing 3/7/17: Learned of this title for the first time today on social media. I enjoyed this author’s vampire series and am up to giving her new paranormal series a try too.
- Releasing 3/21/17: My current author crush is Mr. Scalzi and I am also on a science fiction kick so I this book looks right up my alley. Yep, it will be mine.
- Releasing 4/4/17: Now this book centers on characters that I’m not really into. But. Last time I said that I ended up loving the book so I will not be skipping it for sure. After all Ms. Ward tends to have multiple story threads going at a time so there are bound to be characters I am excited to follow.
- Releasing 4/25/17: They say all good things must end and this is the last book in the Chicagoland Vampire series and while I am sad to see this world end I am eagerly awaiting to see how we say good-bye.
- Releasing 5/9/17: OMG, OMG, A NEW SERIES BY MY FAVORITE AUTHOR!!! I am all over this. I don’t even know what it is about or anything but it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be.
Well there you have it a few of the books I am looking forward to next year. How about you?