Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
December 6: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time In 2016
2016 was not a big reading year for me. Various other commitments and just life got in the way so I don’t have as wide a list that I might like to pull from this week. Still, I did manage to come up with ten authors that I tried this year for the first time. Have to say audiobooks have been a great avenue for me to experiment with different authors. Partially due to limited options available when I want to borrow a book and that it feels like less of a commitment to venture out of my safe zone when I am listening rather than reading.
Ten Authors, I tried this year for the first time.
- I received this book through the Blogging for Books program and quite enjoyed it. An interesting science fiction which seems to be where my reading tastes are leading me recently. My Review.
- I received this one shortly after BEA from a publisher. I enjoyed it even though contemporary romance isn’t usually my style. I was offered the next book by this author but just couldn’t get into it. Still, I don’t regret giving this one a try to would be open to future books by this author if the premise sounds right. My Review
- This author had been on my radar for some time but I simply hadn’t gotten around to trying him yet. This book became available through the library as an audiobook and I checked it out. Really enjoyed it and recently finished the second book in this series. My Review.
- Another audiobook selection, it was alright, not something I was really crazy for. I might be getting burned out on romance I seem to be enjoying other genres more recently. Probably will not be finishing this series. My Review
- I can’t believe it took me so long to get around to trying this author. I had this book on my to-read list and bookcase for quite some time before deciding to give the series a try upon recommendation by friends. I’m glad I did and plan to return to this world when my mood picks up. My Review
- A book of short stories that I borrowed from the library as an audiobook. Enjoyed this quirky little book so much that I decided to give other titles by this author a shot. My Review.
- Loved this book and I can’t wait to read, or listen, to more. I have put a hold on the next book in the series through my library and hope it becomes available soon! So good. My Review.
- This was one of the odd contemporary romance books that worked for me. Set in Chicago with great characters I managed to pick up all but one of the books in the series while thrifting, ironically, in Chicago. My Review.
- This was an odd little find through my library,the only book offered by this author in their system and I have had trouble locating the next titles for a reasonable price. They seem to be out of print. Hope they cross my path someday because this was a good book and I would like to read more. My Review.
- And one DNF… I should have probably started with this author’s other book, the more popular one, first. I just could not get into this story and had to call it before even hitting my 50-page mark. I didn’t care for the main character and could not see me sitting through so many pages in a character’s head that I didn’t like. No review on this one.
There you have it ten authors that I tried for the first time this year. Who was new to you?