Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
November 8: Ten Books I’ve Added To My To-Be-Read List Lately
This week should be a quick list, which is great because I’m blogging when I should be. I have been trying to work on reading more of the books on my to-read list/shelf rather than adding to it lately. There are still a handful of titles that caught my eye recently, thanks, Goodreads Choice Awards… Anyway, here are the last ten books that I added to my long list of I’ll read it eventually. (Please note that this list is filtered a bit. I didn’t want all of the books to be by one author. I’ve been picking up some cheap books while thrifting recently.)
Ten books recently added to my to-read shelf
- Added this one this morning while voting on the Goodreads Choice Awards. Book two is up for Science fiction but I have a rule about only adding first in series to the to-read shelf and not entire series. I am also getting better about not picking up later series books if I have not already read at least one in the series already. I might pick up a book two or three, but that is it… unless there are like a bunch in the series also for sale and I can pick them up all at once.
- This was another book nominated for the Goodreads Choice Awards. Like I need another vampire book to add to my list…
- Same as the last two except for this one is a dystopian read. Looked interesting.
- This was my latest request from Blogging for Books. Hope I to have this one in my hot little hand soon. Isn’t the cover pretty.
- This is another ARC that I requested through Net Galley. Doesn’t come out until Dec 31 but I can read it now. In fact, I just might. Book of short and really short stories by Scalzi, what’s not to love.
- This one falls out of my normal reading taste but it one of the several books by the same author (who is really Sherrilyn Kenyon, AKA my favorite author). I’m not sure if I will ever read them but they are nice to have for my Kenyon shrine in the home library.
- Scored like all but two books in this series recently while thrifting. What a find! An established series and to have most of the books already on hand so I can zip right through them. Just hope they are good.
- Another thrift store find. Can’t remember what it’s about but it might have looked good at the time.
- Just picked this one up on Net Galley. Thought it was a request but it was listed as a read now so if it looks interesting to you and you have an account go grab yourself a review copy.
- I’ve been enjoying this author’s audiobooks set in the Disk World so I picked up this book of short stories to add to my shelf.
Well, there you have my list for this week. What books have caught your eye recently?