Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
October 11: All About Books You Read Because of Recommendation
This was a tough list for several reasons. 1) I’m bad about reading other blogs (sorry), 2) I tend to find most of my reads from Net Galley or thrift shopping (on my own) 3) most of the recommendations I get through the library from patrons I don’t read because my reading taste don’t fit the community I live in 4) I’m really bad at remembering who recommended what and why. I did manage to come up with ten but it was definitely a squeaker.
Ten books that were recommended to me.
- This book and series is the only book I am 100% certain about who recommended it to me. My friend Keely recommended it to me while at work, she is also a patron. I read it and was hooked. So thanks Keely!
- I added this one to my to-read shelf a while back, didn’t get read until I posted a recommend my next read on Instagram and several friend told me to read this author next. So I am going to count it. Thanks everyone the series is great. I hope to return to it soon now that my mood is picking up.
- This is one of the few recommendations that I know came from reading other people’s top ten lists and blogs. Sometimes the poll of public opinion is totally spot on. Thanks to all my fellow bloggers out there!
- This is the second book on this list that I found through my fellow bloggers. I would have never come across it otherwise and just goes to show what we do is important to helping get word out about great books.
- This book I found through work, not a patron but a class that was essentially a book talk for YA lit for youth librarians. It was quite good and I did read the next book which I enjoyed even more. I wish the author hadn’t stopped there but it looks like there might not be anymore.
- This book was also recommended in the same class and was a bit darker dealing with heavy topics like rape and mental illness.
- This is the only book on this list that came from a recommendation from my husband who has vastly different reading taste from myself. The reason I read it was that it was so short I could read the ILL book on my lunch break. Still I did like it and if my husband ever reads fiction again I might take a look at what he is interested in.
- This was another book I found through work. We get the Book Talk magazine for our patrons and each month we go through it looking for titles to add to our library. This was the cover one month and when I read the synopsis and discovered it was a book featuring vampires and a girl named Amy from Iowa who saves the world… How could I not read it?
- This one was another find in the Book Talk magazine at work. Another short read that was so original.
- This book was a recommendation from several people and different blogs. I can’t remember exactly but I know someone told me to read this book.
All right not a lot of details this week, getting older sucks… Or it might be the fact that I read too many similar books to remember how all of them cross my path. Some great titles up there I hope you give some of them a look.