Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
September 13: Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Books Of X Genre
Well yuck. How is one supposed to pick all time favorites… It isn’t so much that it will be difficult to limit to ten it is that our tastes change all the time. When I was young I LOVED Stephen King, now I think he is an ass and I don’t enjoy his books. Even younger you would find me reading anything about horses I could get my hands on. More recently I enjoyed YA fiction and now you have to force me to crack open one of those titles. We change, our tastes change with our moods therefore picking favorites is only going to be a small snapshot of what I enjoy currently in my life. So I’m going to need some more perimeters.
- Only one book from any author.
- No picking an entire series, must be my favorite book in that series at this moment.
- Only titles that received five stars
- Must pick one genre: Urban Fantasy
Ten books I love in the urban fantasy genre.
- I know, I know this was the last book published (recently) how can it be your absolute favorite. I might not be but I do love this series. Ms. Jones is probably my second favorite author after Kenyon and this book was one of the best I read this year. The series felt like it was taking a turn for a couple of books but this one brought the series back to feeling like it did in the beginning. If you’ve given up on the series I highly suggest giving this book a try to see if you can’t fall in love again.
- This is one author where I’m kicking myself for the self-imposed rules listed above. It has been a while since I read this series and there are so many books to pick from. This is Zarek’s story though and it is where we get a first taste for the torment that Kenyon puts her hero’s through. This was the first one in this series that I absolutely loved.
- This is fairly young series but I am so in love with it. Been a while since reading and if it wasn’t for my reviews I wouldn’t have documented evidence that this one was my favorite. So I’ll take myself at my work and pick this one from Ms. Ivy, who also has a paranormal urban fantasy series that was enjoyable, but this one is better.
- Took me four books to become sold on this world. Once I was this book then promptly ripped my heart out and stomped it into the dirt. Made me a loyal fan and I am so sad the last book comes out this year.
- I feel like this is an underappreciated urban fantasy author. Her world building and characters are top-notch though and this one was the first five-star review she earned from me. Go give this world a try!
- Okay this one was tough to add to the list. I am not a fan of how this series ended. So much that I broke up with the author and vow never to read another of her books. Up until about book ten though I loved this series. This book is the one where Eric lost his memory and it remains one of my favorites.
- Love this author and her different series. She in best known for her Night Huntress world which is amazing, but I kind of like this one better. This is the spin-off series featuring the big bad-ass Vlad. So yummy.
- I had a tough time remembering which of these books were my favorite. This is Zadist’s story and I think it was the first one I really loved. I know I like other characters more than him, but this was an amazing book.
- Another lesser known urban fantasy writer that I discovered since blogging. Her world is great full of tough alpha males and the woman who drive them crazy. It is a complex world though that keeps getting better. I do believe Vincent is my favorite so far but that might be tied with Christian’s story. I have a tough time deciding…
- This is the spin-off series from the Mercy Thompson world and it is another instance where I enjoy the spin-off more than the original, although both are great!
Alright there you have my favorite urban fantasy books of the moment. Have a different author or series that I should try next? Share in the comments!