Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
August 23: Ten Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven’t Read Yet
This is kind of a fun topic for the week. All those books are all so tempting and ever so easy to add to a to-read shelf. Then life happens or a shiny new book catches our attention and they pile up. Fast. And we never seem to get to them all. We are ALL guilty of this and that’s okay. So perhaps this is a good opportunity to take a look at our shelves and simply let them go. Tastes change, time is short and we will never read all the books we want to read because the freaking publishing world doesn’t stop putting new work out there that we want to read instead. If a title is important you will make time for it, if not, then maybe it wasn’t meant to be. I’ve only been blogging for two years so I am going to go to my Goodreads shelf and pick the ten books that have on my to-read shelf the longest. Shall we begin.
Ten books that have been on my to-read shelf for far too long
- Added 10/25/2011: This is the very first book on my to-read shelf. I’m not going to say it was the first one I added to my Goodreads account because I might have weeded or read some other title. I had to go back and reread what the book is about to see if I am even still interested. I am. It has good reviews by people I follow and I own a physical copy of this. So I’m holding on to this one.
- Added 10/25/2011: Ugh. This one doesn’t even sound appealing anymore. I know I have book two on my physical to-read bookcase so maybe I’ll keep it on the shelf, but if I ever get ambitious about weeding this list it just might go. Stay for now.
- Added 10/28/2011: This one looks awful too. Barely a description and a lot of negative reviews. Letting this one go. Weeded
- Added 11/2/2011: Lots of good ratings from people I respect with this one. I have it on my to-read bookcase at home perhaps it is time to move this one up in priority because it looks like I might be missing out. Holding on to this one. Update: After writing up this post two weeks ago I was looking for a book to read and picked this one (perhaps from writing this very post). I posted the review last night if you are interested.
- Added 12/7/2011: I have absolutely no memory of ever being interested in this book. I don’t own it so weeding this one right now. Letting this one go.
- Added 12/20/2011: This series still looks good to me and it looks like it has tons of positive ratings. I also own a paper copy of this title. Going to hang on to this one for a bit.
- Added 12/20/2011: I’m on the fence with this one. Since I still own a copy I think I will keep it on the list a bit longer.
- Added 1/28/2012: Alright this one just doesn’t sound like my cup-of-tea anymore so this title I will be letting go. Weeded.
- Added 2/13/2012: It has been forever since I read the first book in this series. I did enjoy it but obviously not enough to dive into the second book. I still read good things about the series and my library does have them all available through overdrive. So even though I might have to go back and reread the first one in the series I will keep this one on my list.
- Added 3/21/2012: Oy I just need to let this one go. I do have this and the next book in the series but I was not a fan of this spin-off world by Ms. Ward. I know they get better, but I just don’t think I want to wade through two or three books waiting for that to happen. The brothers just don’t show up often enough to keep my attention. On the fence about this one so for now it stays…
Well there you have my list for this week. What books have you been putting off?