Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
July 5: Top Ten Books We Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads
I like the idea of this week’s post, sure it is easy to go out and jump on a popular book’s bandwagon, but there are tons of great books and authors out there that not many people know about. So I am going to add a bit more criteria to this week’s list. My books must be over a year old (Sure Darynda Jones’s latest release only have 400 ratings, but it also just came out. Sorry not going to count.). The book must have over 100 pages and I am only going to grant one slot per author allowed and only first in series and I must have given the book 4 or more stars. So, shall we begin?
Ten books that I feel need a little love.
- 1980 ratings: This one is a fairly popular romance author so it surprises me that so few people have tried this series. Go on, give it a go, it is my favorite series by her yet.
- 1963 ratings: It took me forever to give this series a shot as well. It sat on my to-read shelf forever then one day I noticed there was a deal on the e-books and decided to dive in. I’m so glad I did because this was a really cute and funny series.
- 1618 ratings: Another popular romance author. This is a spin-off from her vampire series and is an anthology of two earlier YA books written under another name. If you enjoy Ms. MacAlister’s vamp world then by all means read this one too!
- 977 Ratings: This author was new to me last December when I was approved for a book three in this series. I had some time and decided to read them all in order. I actually quite liked it and keep meaning to go and try the shifter series this vamp one was spun-off from.
- 678 Ratings: Okay I’m not actually surprised this one has so few ratings. It is a short sci-fi story by an author I’ve never heard of. It was quite good and I hope those of you into science fiction go and check this one out.
- 410 Ratings: Like smexy angel romance? Like novella lengthy books? This series is for you. Haven’t read it in quite some time, but I remember being quite captivated by it at the time.
- 157 Ratings: Okay this author has appeared to drop off the face of the planet, or isn’t maintaining her website anymore. I actually thought this book was pretty good, but apparently, most people didn’t want to give it a shot. It is the only thing this author has written that I could find, but still worth checking out if you like YA dystopian.
- 143 Ratings: Another angel romance book. I’ve not seen any new releases coming from this author recently or activity in her social media accounts, so hopefully there will be more to come in this world.
- 77 Ratings: This is one of my favorite indie authors and I was tempted to put all of her series first books on the list but limited myself to the one that I felt deserved way more attention. Now I will confess I do like her paranormal and science fiction books better, but for someone who does not even care for contemporary romance all that much this book was quite good.
- 55 Ratings: Another author I’ve not hear from or about in some time. I see her on Twitter and Facebook but haven’t heard of any new books coming in this series. If you enjoy beautiful settings and a little milder romance then this is one I think you should look into as well.
Well, there you have my list this week. What books that you’ve read do you think deserve more attention. Share in the comments and help some other reader connect with their next great read!