Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
June 21: Top Ten Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year
Well, what more can you say about this topic… I’m not sure how many 2016 releases I’ve read this year as I’ve just barely reached 20 some odd books. Let’s hope I can come up with 10…
My ten favorite books of 2016, so far.
- This is the only book on the list that I’m not going to link to my review. The book has not been released yet and I’ve decided to hold my review until that date. So check back on June 28 to find out what I thought of this highly coveted read. Being it is my number one book on this list should be a fairly good indicator of what I thought of it
- My Review: This is the start to a spin-off series of the Vampires in America series. This one shows some real promise that this series is going to be as good as the first!
- My Review: Another one of my Net Galley ARCs, it seems to be the only way I actually read a book in the year it is published anymore… This one is book three, I believe, and just as good as its predecessors.
- My Review: Another ARC, this one was offered to me though instead of my requesting it. A little outside of my normal reading spectrum, but a good read nonetheless.
- My Review: Yes you did just see this author on the list in the number two spot. This is a short novella in her Vampires in America series, you might want to read this one before diving into the new series. Some back story for one of the main character here.
- My Review: The only book on this list that published this year that wasn’t an ARC. Guess I do go out there and buy some of them too.
- My Review: The only indie author on the list. I’ve not been reading as many of them recently, not because I don’t think there are some great ones out there, but I think a lot of them are being picked up by small publishing houses. Also, my reading pace has slowed down so there are less of any type of books to pick from…
- My Review:I lied above, there are two books published this year that I bought myself. This is the other one. Actually, these are the only two authors that I usually buy their books the first week they are published. Ms. Sands because they are inexpensive paperbacks and this author because I love her so. (love Ms. Sands too, but I usually have to justify the price of Ms. Jones’s hardcover books…)
- My Review: There is going to be only one more book in this series. This makes me sad… Still I loved this read from early in 2016.
- My Review: Okay, I needed to really search for the last book. I did enjoy this one, it was cute and fun for fans of the original Trek series, but I wouldn’t call it one that I was totally excited about.
Alright, there you have them, my favorite 2016 releases so far. What book was your favorite read of the year?