Hey everyone! I’m sorry that I missed this week’s Top Ten Tuesday. I was serving my county and running a local polling place for a special election. Since I was in charge I was busy for three days (picking up, election day, and drop off), so I did have a good excuse. I also need to start getting ready for Chicago #BEA16, not to mention a laundry list of items that I need to get done at work before my vacation. Still I wanted to post something else this week because I might not get a book review out to you this or next week. So I thought it might be fun to come up with an author bucket list. I’m sure I most likely posted something like this on another TTT or some other post, but this is a list that can change and should be updated over time.
What do I mean by Author Bucket List? For me it means authors I hope to meet in-person some time in my life. Fairly topical being I am going to attend BEA next week in Chicago. Shall we begin. (in no particular order beyond one and two).
Author Bucket List
Sherrilyn Kenyon: Had to include my favorite author even if I’ve already met her, because quite frankly I plan on seeing this author in person when ever possible.
- Darynda Jones: This author is just so cool and great about interacting with her fans through social media. I would love to meet her someday.
- Katie MacAlister: Another cool author to follow online. Her books are always so much fun.
- Jacqueline Rhoades: I’m delighted to be able to call this author friend, even though we’ve not met in real life. Someday…
- J.R. Ward: Another fun author to follow online, also I gotta hear her speak just to see if the rumors about her swearing are true. Based upon her writing how could they not be.
- D.B. Reynolds: Love this author’s series and would like to tell her in person.
- Jeaniene Frost: I do have signed books from this author, but to get a picture with her would be grand.
- Lynsay Sands: Another one that I’ve interacted with on social media!
- Alexandra Ivy: This author usually sets her books in the Mid-West which I love! Hope to cross her path someday.
- Andy Weir: I know he has only written one book, but I LOVED it so much.
- Dianne Duvall: She is quickly becoming one of my favorites.
Sylvia Day: This author is a real possibility as she will be signing at BEA this year. Fingers crossed!
- Deborah Harkness: To thank her for moving me beyond Twilight.
- Tricia Skinner: Another fun author to interact with online. Very cool person.
Justin Cronin: Going to be at BEA 2016, fingers crossed!
- Dan Brown: I really enjoy his books and don’t care what you think. There are people who are dying to meet James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks too…
- Sarah J. Maas: This author is going to be at Book Con which I will not be attending…
- Molly Harper: Got to see if she is as funny in person.
- Chloe Neill: I would actually love a guided tour of Chicago by this author to see all the Chicagoland Vampire hot spots, but I will settle for just telling her how much I lover her series.
John Scalzi: This author will be at a ticket ($) event at BEA I’m hoping to run into him somewhere on the floor.
Alright I figure 20 is good enough. What authors are on your bucket list?
Update notice. I was able to cross three of these off my list after attending BEA 16 in Chicago.