Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following:
April 19: Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh (or at least chuckle)
Okay I think I recently did a freebie week on books to make you laugh, so I will strive to find some books or authors that might not have made it onto that list, but please be aware that there will be crossover because I’m tired today and just want to get this list posted so I can tackle the next item on my to-do list. (Upon further research it appears I have not done a funny list recently, but still expect some crossover)
Ten books to make you laugh out loud.
Warning:Do not read in public.
- Just to make sure we don’t have all paranormal books on this list I decided to add this funny yet odd modern classic. From what I’ve seen people either get this type of humor or they don’t I think it is hilarious and enjoyed this read immensely.
- While browsing through my read shelf on Goodreads I came across this author that I’ve not read in a while. She is very funny and I particularly enjoyed this series. The earlier books are better so just walk away when you aren’t enjoying them anymore.
- Another funny series that I shouldn’t read in public. Again the earlier books are much funnier than the later ones which take a more serious tone to them. Still funny, but just dialed down a notch.
- While this wasn’t always laugh out loud funny as a fan of Star Trek I found much delight in this story within a story that poked all kinds of fun at my beloved Trek franchise.
- I discovered this series through Top Ten Tuesday lists. It was billed as a good read for fans of Big Bang Theory and it sure did deliver. Again more cute than ha ha, but still a funny read.
- Okay you all know my love of this one. I’ve worked hard to keep it off the lists lately, but for a week of funny reads I can not not include it. This book is so sarcastic and literally laugh out loud funny that it had me following my husband around the house reading excerpts from it. Probably the funniest book on the list. Read THIS one.
- This series is another one that has made many a TTT list. The books fall into one of two types, either more serious action or crazy hilarious situations. This is book seven which is one of the crazy situations reads. Lots of fun.
- This author cracks me up. Her style works better for the paranormal genre as I am not a fan of her contemporary heroines, but man she knows how to make you laugh and steam up your glasses.
- This is another author that has funny down to a science. The chemistry between characters is authentic and makes you wish you could be part of their gang.
- Okay to end with something different. I believe I’ve mentioned this author before. I used to read these short stories out loud to my dad (who was blind) and could not make it through one of these without loosing it. If you are familiar with rural life, hunting & fishing or camping then give this author a try I bet you enjoy him too.