Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on:
March 29: 10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads
My initial thoughts were, yay this is going to be a super easy and fast list to make this week. And while it was easy to go through Goodreads and pull out the last ten books I gave five stars to perhaps what is more important about this week’s list is it made me realize I’ve not given a lot of five-star ratings recently. I found it interesting that I needed to go back almost an entire year to come up with ten five-star books. Wow. I think this is a reflection of the reading slump I had or maybe evidence of my changing reading taste. There were plenty of four-star books, but it just seems like less of what I’m reading wows me anymore. The problem is I want it to. I miss having those books that I absolutely love and go gaga over, that leave me wishing the story had never ended. Maybe I need to read less review request books and more of my favorite authors, or go the other way and venture out into new genres to see if something else tickles my fancy better. Anyway, time for the books!
The last ten books I gave five-stars
- Read 3/19/16: This is one of the authors that I have a long relationship with. Many of her books receive five-star reviews and occasionally a four star. There were only two books that I gave lower ratings, one three and a two star review. So even those authors you love can have an off book or two.
- Read 2/26/16: Another favorite author that usually gets five-stars from me. Only three of her books, two novellas and number six in the series, have received a lower rating even then though it was still four-star reviews.
- Read 2/22/16: This author is hit or miss with me. I tried her new series and didn’t care for it at all, but the Chicagoland Vampires, while starting off slow, won me over. I’m so sad to see that the next book will be the last. Going to miss this world.
- Read 12/5/15: The first “new” author on the list. I was surprised that this one worked so well for me. I’m not usually a fan of NF, but this book was a lot of fun to read. If you’ve not tried it yet I highly recommend.
- Read 12/2/15: Another favorite author that often received high stars from me. I discovered her through Net Galley so maybe I shouldn’t be ready to give up my review requests just yet, sometimes I find new authors to love.
- Read 11/14/15: Like this one. I requested the third book in this series on a whim and ended up really enjoying the series. Maybe I need to just stick to genres I know I love…
- Read 8/18/15: While I enjoy this author’s work this is the first book I’ve given five stars to. Hopefully it is a sign of good things to come.
- Read 8/7/15: If you have followed me for any amount of time you know my love affair with this author. She is hands down my absolute favorite. The only reason she only has one book on this list is because I’ve only read one in the past year. (or maybe two…) Anyway, it is a rare occurrence where I don’t give Ms. Kenyon less than four stars. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but it doesn’t happen often.
- Read 6/21/15: My favorite indie author here, I don’t think I’ve rated one of her books less than four stars ever. This is her first venture into Sci-Fi and I’m looking forward to the next book which I hear she is currently working on, so yay.
- Read 6/18/15: One of the last YA authors, that doesn’t really write YA-ish books…, that I read anymore. This reminds me that there are two books of hers out that I need to read. Oy I’m so behind…
Well there you have my (fairly) recent five-star reads. What was the last five-star book you read?