Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The bookish. This week they as us to share lists on:
March 1: Ten Books To Read If You Are In The Mood For X
Perusing my Goodread’s read shelf for inspiration I decided to make this week about fluffy escapism books. Sometimes you just want to read something that you know is going to make you laugh and smile. Where you know the hero is going to get the girl or guy and there will probably be lots of wacky situations for them to overcome. Of course these books are going to be paranormal leaning because that’s just how I roll. So the books listed below are all fun read that aren’t too serious and perfect for when you want to read something that is just going to make you happy.
Ten fluffy escapism reading books to make you happy.
- This series can be a bit heavier at times, but on the whole the humor and crazy situation still make this a fun fluffy-lite series to escape into. It also delivers us Reyes which is hands down one the hottest book boyfriends out there.
- Been a while since I read this one, but again lots of angst and humor. This is also a finished quartet so no waiting for next book to see what happens next.
- I have a confession I kind of abandoned this series. Not that I wasn’t enjoying it and I hope to return one day, but the wait between books ended up pushing this now finished series off my radar. What I read was a lot of fun and funny to boot.
- This is another series that I have to catch up on. It might have something to do with the tone of the series changing and I’m struggling to get into the books. The beginning of this series is golden though and so much fun perfect for some serious escapism.
- I prefer this author’s paranormal books to her contemporary romance. For me the wacky humor and situations only work if we are in a world that doesn’t actually exist. Her contemporary romances just frustrate me with their weak heroines. The paranormal ones though are smoking (yes that was an attempt at humor as the series pictures is centered around dragon shifters).
- I’ve pimped Ms. Harper’s series before. If you read one of her books and do not laugh out loud then there is something wrong with you. Seriously these books are funny.
- This was one of the first fluffy authors I read after find vampire fiction. Like the next author on the list her books can swing between fluff and serious action, but they always end with a H.E.A.
- The earlier books in this series are more consistent in their enjoyability ( I did not just make up that word I googled it first, because ya know that’s never wrong…). Anyway some of the later books have been hit or miss.
- This was another fun quartet of books about a group of Vampires in Vegas. This one I really wish there had been more books because these were so much fun.
- This is a fairly new series to me and I really need to go check out the shifter series that it spun off of. This one again walks that fine line of fluff and darker more serious paranormal, but for the purposes of this week’s list I decided to add it because again it is going to be a story where you know you end up with a H.E.A.
There you have my list for this week. Do you know of another series I missed out on that would fit right in with the ones above. Share it in the comments because I am always looking for a good book recommendation! Happy Reading.