Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday (do believe I write out this same sentence each week instead of having a template or copy and paste…well I do). This week they ask us to share:
January 5: Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016 (can be bookish, personal resolutions, “I resolve to finally read these 10 books, series I resolve to finish in 2016, etc.)
Ah the new year a time for reflection, introspection and fresh new batch of resolutions to break. Looking back at last year’s resolution posted I have to say I didn’t do too awful. I managed to change the look of my blog, still happy with it so I’ll keep it another year. I did choose a more modest reading goal, but not modest enough as I still had to resort to cheating. I did participate in some blogging and bookish challenges and learned that they do not work for me. I am too much of a mood reader and it makes me frustrated. The same applies to reading themes for the month, not a good idea. I have gotten better on my ARC requests, toned down and a lot fewer DNFs. I am using my Nook for reading more and have grown tired of the games. I have also been better about using Twitter, sure it is mainly for political tweets during debates, but it’s a start. I have also learned to love tea! Shout out to Joey @ thoughts and afterthoughts who was totally right it is simply a matter of finding one you like. My tea of choice is Spicy Chai made with half milk and half water and two packets of stevia, yum. The last resolution was a total bust as I did not lose those 24 pound, but added some more on top of them… Looks like I’ll be extending that one another year. Now on to this year.
My Ten Blogging and Bookish Resolutions for 2016
- Blogging: I NEED to be better about responding to comments. I do read them, I swear, but I sometimes take a week or more to get around to replying which is usually when I’m babysitting the computers at work.
- Bookish: I will not sign up for any more reading challenges or stress over that little nagging widget over on Goodreads. No matter how many or few book I read the importance is that I’m reading. Sometimes life gets in the way or you don’t feel in the mood to read and I will no longer feel guilty over that.
- Blogging: I will do a better job of reading my news feed here at WordPress. You all write some great content and I should do a better job of reading it. If I can keep up with Facebook I can keep up here.
- Bookish: Attend BEA in Chicago this year!!! This kinda counts as a blogging goal too. You can read more about this in yesterday’s post.
- Blogging: I am going to pre-write more of my posts and schedule them. I would like to shoot for three posts a week and if one of them isn’t going to be a book review I need to come up with some Bookish Thoughts.
- Bookish: I am going to weed my to-read bookcase, shelf on Goodreads, and Nook. Time to just let go some of the titles I’ve lost interest in.
- Blogging: I am going to look into more giveaways. Either partnering with Authors I review or perhaps some of the books I score at BEA.
- Bookish: I am going to give myself one challenge. I have selected almost 20 title of books I own to read some time this year. You can see the list on my Challenge tab.
- Blogging: Work to grow my subscriber numbers. Not sure how yet, but I’d like to get over 1500 this year.
- Bookish: Make time to read every single day. At least 50 pages a day shouldn’t be too much to ask.
What’s on your list of future broken promises?