Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us to share lists on:
December 22: Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year
I must confess I broke my book buying ban, which should really be a retail book buying ban because I’ve been picking up used books left and right all along… Anyway I treated myself to two books recently with the winnings from a lottery scratch ticket, and it made me realize there are still so many books I would really like to add to my collection even though I have an overflowing to-read bookcase and fully stocked nook that mocks me daily. The heart wants what the heart wants and for bookish people that tends to be books. So even though we don’t celebrate Christmas at our house if were to write a letter to Santa this year these are the books that would make my list.
Dear Santa, I’ve been good please bring me…
- Thought I would start off with something fun. I saw this book in my Facebook feed this morning and thought it would be a nice addition to the list. It is basically a picture book featuring juxtaposed pictures of men and cats. Now I’ll leave it up to you to decide which pictures would be more appealing….
- This is the latest release by my favorite author so of course it made it to my Christmas wish list. I would also like some free time to go along with this one so I can get caught up with the prior book in this series that I have yet to read too. Its okay if it sits all pretty on my to-read case for a while though.
- Now technically this book doesn’t release until January 12th, BUT Ms. Jones has been teasing us with pictures of it on Facebook so I know that they are out there in the world. Just swing by and pick one up at the publisher or author’s house before stopping in Iowa Santa. Thanks. PS. I wouldn’t be opposed to a signed copy of this one either. Did I go to far? Maybe…
- Alright I need some happy in my life and this author always make me laugh.
- I am also terribly behind in the series, so both of these books would be great. Thanks.
- No your eyes are not deceiving you, I am requesting something outside of my normal reading tastes. Actually if you know me outside the blog this won’t surprise you. I’m a pretty far left liberal and after watching a ton of YouTube videos featuring Chris Hedges I have to read one of his books!!
- Thom Hartmann is another person I enjoy watching on YouTube, when I saw one of his book talks about this book written in 2013 I added it to my to-read list. Alright I might have just done that this morning, but I knew I wanted to read the book…
- Okay enough of the serious stuff. This is a series I desperately wanted to try and was turned down for review, I’m always turned down for her books… Anyway, this is another author that always makes me smile and her dragon series is a favorite.
- And I was turned down for both of these books so if you want to turn my frown upside down how about leave me a copy of both
under the treeon the coffee table (no tree). Thanks Santa
- Okay I thought I would end the list the way I started it with some eye candy. Or eye Gandy in this case, I can not take credit for that play on words I’ve seen it many times on Facebook. Anyway this British model is simply beautiful and I would love to add this photography book featuring him to my library.
There you have my Christmas wish list for 2015. Some fun, some reading needs, some serious a nice mix if you ask me. So what books do you hope Santa will bring you this year?