Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us to share lists on:
December 15: Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015 (you can do it by only 2015 releases, overall , by genre (top ten fantasy books I read in 2015), etc. however you choose to make your BEST list)
I have a feeling that this list is going to look fairly similar to many of the one’s I’ve posted recently… Oh well. There were many books I enjoyed this year, but going through my Goodread’s reading pledge list I picked out ten books that stood out as my favorites for the year. Here they are…
My ten favorite books read in 2015
- I read this book based upon the recommendation of a friend (Say maybe I can use it to cross off another challenge item…) I was also a little curious to see what all the fuss was about and then there was the buzz about the show, so I decided the January was a good time to give this series a shot. I definitely see what all the fuss was about and ended up loving the first three books in the series. They are not easy reads though and I needed to take a break after book three. Hope to continue sometime next month, but I have some review commitments that need to be finished first.
- This is probably my favorite indie author and two of her books made my list this year, the only author to do so. I loved this one because it stood out for me as probably my favorite in the Wolver’s series. It was an interesting direction and the leads just clicked with me.
- This book was such fun to read. I loved the twist of a story within a story and being a Trekkie this story was right up my alley. I have two more books by him waiting for me to get around to, so hopefully they will be as enjoyable as this one.
- The last two books in this series brought me back to loving the Argeneau series again. I was starting to worry about the direction Sands was taking, but she had convinces me to carry on. Love these fun chick-lit fluffy vampire romances, they are perfect reads for when you need to laugh and want a happily ever after.
- This was Ms. Rhoades first venture into the sci-fi branch of the romance genre and I really enjoyed it. This book is perfect for those not wanting a story that isn’t too heavy on the sci-fi, but it still has enough to keep those readers happy as well. I look forward to seeing where this author takes this world next.
- This was probably my favorite in the Throne of Glass series. I LOVE, love, love where this world is going. It reminds me a lot of the Game of Thrones series, but without all the work. I would suggest this series to those that want to venture into the fantasy genre, but don’t want to have to read 1000+ pages.
- How could I have a favorite book’s list and not have my absolute favorite author on the list? It is also an added bonus that this book was autographed to me by the author in person. So not only is this one of my favorite reads this year it was also one of my favorite bookish moments of the year.
- This book was AMAZING. Nothing else to say.
- This book was a great recent read. The recent reading of it might have something to do with it being on this list or it could have something to do with the yummy hero. I’ll let you decide.
- This book is on the list because I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I’m not a non-fiction reader, but this book was a lot of fun to read. Made me want to try some more biographies.
Well there you have it, some of my favorite read for the year. What was your favorite read this year?